Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nucynta

Large blocks of memory loss with Nucynta

I came across this site because I, and my family noticed issues when I was taking this pain medicine post surgically.
    My behavior became somewhat erratic (while still "appearing" normal) I have had very large chunks of memory loss including conversations, purchases, and even disagreements. It's a scary thing to be able to come back and see something you've done (in writing no less) and have absolutely no memory of it.

I had a a complicated double hernia repair. So as a result they put me on this medicine as well as valium to control the muscle spasms. Im not sure if the reaction has occured because of the interaction perhaps? I've had to take valium a few times before and never had a reaction like this, to that medicine.

Im just curious to know if anyone else has had any issues like this.

Thought I would add my experience in case anyone ever wants to try this drug.

I was prescribed this after Norco, since it was making me very itchy.
    Unfortunately did not work for me. I was on 75MG every 4 hourse.
    I would venture to say if Ultram/ Tramadol does not work for you, neither will this.

Damn, I've got pain, but not to the level that all of you do. I just don't know what I would do with the pain level that all of you have described.
    I hate to sound so sanguine, but I hope that all of you can get some relief from the pain you suffer. My heart goes out to all of you, and I hope you get some relief and peace.

All the best, good friends,
    GJ

Side Effects

Quote Originally Posted by smdyess2 View Post
    I have bad back problems and foot pain and I have been taking Percocet 325/7.5 for several years now and it does its job.Well,went to see my pain Dr and he said he had to put me on Nucynta.I am scared to death to try it.Please someone give us some good signs with it.I cannpt take something that it gonna knock me out during the day.I hope epeople will start posing their side effects on here.
    i ve been taking Nucynta for about 3 months had the doctor take me off the oxycotin due to likeing it to much the Nucynta worked well at first but over the last couple of months i ve started having horrible migranes i'm 43 years old and have never had them before after talking to doctor today it seems that alot of people taking it has had this problem it did work well on my pain i have herniated disc in lower back am actually having surgery wednesday the nucynta doesn't mess you up like oxycotin or percecet but the headaches were just to much for me as i was getting them almost everyday for the last 2 months that was the only side effect i had and i was taking the strongest they make 100mg 4 times a day so if you start having headaches look at this medicine hope this helps you

Smile Good For Me

I have been taking 75mg Nucynta now for a couple of months and I think it's a great pain medication. I guess everyone is different because I have read a lot of negative reviews on here. The only side effect I have experienced is mood swings, not bad though. I have a buldged disk in my lower back and SEVERE menstral cramps. Percocets and vicodines do absolutely nothing for the pain, they just make my body feel funny. I love the Nucynta and can't believe that more people don't.

I was just recently put on the new pain medication called Nucynta...it helped my pain barely only for about thirty min and after that I had terrible side effects after a week of using it such as hallucinations, chronic headache an a decrease in the quality of my life ...pain medication is supposed to INCREASe your quality of life...Nucynta is no good if you haave chronic pain and a decent tolerance...good luck!

I just started with Nucynta, I see that it is made with opiates, what I would like to know is which one. I get some relief, perhaps not as much as I hoped for. I was on Lortab 10-500's for years, then was switched to Percocet 7.5's, and now this. I asked for something different, but not stronger since my tolerence has built up. What I am trying to avoid is stronger and stronger meds, and the dependency that is all but unavoidable. Anyone care to help me figure this out?

you're safer with the old-fashioned opiates. A lot on info on-line. A lot of docs are going back to older, safer meds such as valium and oxycodone.

Nucynta is very similar to tramadol. "centrally acting analgesic with a dual mode of action as an agonist at the μ-opioid receptor and as a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor.[3] While its analgesic actions have been compared to tramadol and oxycodone,[4] its general potency is somewhere between tramadol and morphine in effectiveness.[5] Tapentadol is a new molecular entity that is structurally similar to Tramadol (Tramal)."
    Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

• slow, shallow, or difficult breathing
    • slow or fast heartbeat
    • severe sleepiness
    • cold, clammy skin
    • feeling faint, dizzy, or confused
    • difficulty thinking, walking, or talking normally
    • seizures
    • hallucinations
    • agitation
    • feeling overheated
    • loss of coordination
    • overactive reflexes

RE TRAMADOL "In May 2009, the United States Food and Drug Administration issued a Warning Letter to Johnson & Johnson, alleging that a promotional website commissioned by the manufacturer had "overstated the efficacy" of the drug, and "minimized the serious risks".[12] The company which produced it, the German pharmaceutical company GrĂ¼nenthal GmbH, were alleged to be guilty of "minimizing" the addictive nature and proposed efficacy of the drug, although it showed little abuse liability in preliminary tests. The 2010 Physicians Desk Reference contains several warnings from the manufacturer, which were not present in prior years. The warnings include more compelling language regarding the addictive potential of tramadol, the possibility of difficulty breathing while on the medication, a new list of more serious side effects, and a notice that tramadol is not to be used in place of opiate medications for addicts."

Things are so bad I'm retrying some things, Nucynta diodn't do shit except hallucinations, dizziness, talking problems.

Oh well
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

ket kit, what's methadone done for/to you?
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar