Thread: round betty wheels

round betty wheels

anyone running them. i was thinking of a set on the new chair rather than lx's, i was looking at the new dino wheel.
    only questions, does d's make a hub for them and do blax have a hand ring for them.
    '
    i emailed rb today
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

according to the website, ds are an option for the enzo wheels, and as the options arent listed for the dinos, presumably thats a yes. the handrims are q-tab...

I emailed Erick and the same d's locks for the enzo wheel will also fit the dino's. Don't know when they'll be released. Hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sam10685 View Post
    I emailed Erick and the same d's locks for the enzo wheel will also fit the dino's. Don't know when they'll be released. Hopefully soon.
    My Surelock LX hubs do not fit on my Dinos. If the D's disc hubs do travel from one set of wheels to the other it just further convinces me that they're not as precision made as Surelock, the coupling tolerances not as tight and secure.

stephen, cmon your pushing it w/ the sl v d's. both a great product. personally jack came off as an asshole via the email he sent me. steve at d's always takes care of me and never bashes the competition to make himself look superior. nuff said
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    stephen, cmon your pushing it w/ the sl v d's. both a great product. personally jack came off as an asshole via the email he sent me. steve at d's always takes care of me and never bashes the competition to make himself look superior. nuff said
    John, As I explained to you earlier, I think you misread Jack and made a rush to judgment, but in the end it's not something worth debating. I don't think D's are a bad product, not in the least, but I found something better (certainly for me) from a company that was more responsive to my needs. I think that's worth trumpeting. You and I both share a passion and sense of loyalty for getting the word out on the products and companies, so we're on the same wavelength there.

And while I didn't know about Surelock when I had contact with D's, Steve certainly shared some, let's say "intereresting," comments about a couple of wheelchair manufacturers, which I will continue to hold in confidence. He's not above human nature. I hold absolutely no ill will toward him.

One last thing: Surelock holds the patent on wheelchair locking hubs.

Last edited by DaleB; 05-08-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: wrong thread

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.