Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Freewheel

Not sure it helps me much going UP the hills, but definitely going down

I went to a Mariners game last week and I was able to keep up with those bicycle taxis going from the ferry terminals to the game. Once the game finished, I had about 10-15 minutes to make it back to the ferry terminal. Train tracks, cobble-stone side walks and a few street crossings - no problems with the freewheel.

I got a few looks as I buzzed past folks on the sidewalks, but who isn't used to that?

Anyways, Thanks Pat for the kick-ass attachment. I've recommended it to some other folks and I know of one for sure that ordered it and loves it just as much as I do!

Only regret is not getting one sooner. Thanks Pat!

You're welcome guys (and gals)

http://www.ktvb.com/news/sevens-hero...ml?nvid=402469

This was on last night. I have to say how much fun it was to see the smiles on the ladies faces using a FreeWheel for the first time and then finishing the 5k event with it. That made it worth getting up sooo early that morning!

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

awesome pat.
    question. by raising the frt end a bit doesnt that make the chair tippier, or does the added weight an length compensate

Quote Originally Posted by patd View Post

This was on last night. I have to say how much fun it was to see the smiles on the ladies faces using a FreeWheel for the first time and then finishing the 5k event with it. That made it worth getting up sooo early that morning!

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    awesome pat.
    question. by raising the frt end a bit doesnt that make the chair tippier, or does the added weight an length compensate
    x2 Pat on the news piece...awesome!

I know the question wasn't directed at me but - from a consumer POV - no, it doesn't make my chair any more tippy. The freewheel is surprisingly light but there's enough weight in the wheel itself to compensate. You can also adjust how it raises the castors. For as active as you are, I think you'd find a lot of use in it.

Quote Originally Posted by patd View Post

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com
    Awesome, Pat!
    Dave

Nice!

I will probably try to get one of these in the spring.

Pat, do you need measurements and footrest specs etc. when ordering these so that you set it up to fit your customer's chair or does it generally just easily get adjusted by the customer to fit most common chairs, (like my TiLite TR with an angle adjustable footrest)?

Smile

I'm glad that everyone is entertained!!

Jeff B, typically with an order I'll ask you about your footerst so that I can pre-adjust the FreeWheel for you. That way, when in comes to your door, you just clamp and go! I do include an owners manual that explains how to propperly adjust it. I often wonder if anyone ever reads it. Anywhoo, sometimes there maybe a need to make an adjustment, so the manual explains how. Often I get great dimensions from folks, like the height above the floor of the front and back of their footrest and the depth, front to back of their footrest. This allows me to adjust for the angle (if any) of their footrest and the depth.

My twin brother likes to say, "If Pat can do it, anyone can!" (and he usually adds, "And I can do it better!) (It's just what I have to deal with!)

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

Ok, thanks. I'll contact you if/when I decide to go ahead with one.