Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smelling cigarette smoke for two days

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

smelling cigarette smoke for two days

a friend of the family slept over to travel with my dad on a fishing trip, and he smokes. he never smoked in the house, but he brought in a shirt for me that stank like it, and ever since, i keep smelling it in my room and here and there throughout my house. i smell it near my bed especially even though i used febreze on my sheets and blanket plus used some air freshener. the shirt and the clothes i wore in his vehicle are in the hamper.

there's no way there could be any smoke smells in my bed especially because he wasn't in my room except to hand me the shirt before i came out to go eat. the shirt was on my bed for a while, but like i said, there shouldn't be any smoke smell anymore, plus he left late wednesday night with my dad. but why do i still smell it? it's driving me nuts! i hate that smell! has anyone have this happen to them with strong smells? am i mentally making myself smell it because i'm all paranoid it didn't go away? i dunno, but it's very annoying!
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

That sucks! It's a horrible smell

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    a friend of the family slept over to travel with my dad on a fishing trip, and he smokes. he never smoked in the house, but he brought in a shirt for me that stank like it, and ever since, i keep smelling it in my room and here and there throughout my house. i smell it near my bed especially even though i used febreze on my sheets and blanket plus used some air freshener. the shirt and the clothes i wore in his vehicle are in the hamper.

there's no way there could be any smoke smells in my bed especially because he wasn't in my room except to hand me the shirt before i came out to go eat. the shirt was on my bed for a while, but like i said, there shouldn't be any smoke smell anymore, plus he left late wednesday night with my dad. but why do i still smell it? it's driving me nuts! i hate that smell! has anyone have this happen to them with strong smells? am i mentally making myself smell it because i'm all paranoid it didn't go away? i dunno, but it's very annoying!
    unless he sneak a few in the house somewhere, maybe he stashed a ashtray under to bed out of spite, open all days and windows for a few hours, and maybe it's a mental thing, hope you find it soon
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I had an overnight guest once back in the days when I was too much of a wimp to insist they smoke outside, and after they left the house stank for days. Even the curtains reeked. Air everything out as much as you can and buy some Febreeze or something and spray it liberally.

I also hate that smell
    Have you washed your sheets and blankets? maybe that will help get rid of it

Even with the house well ventilated it can take days before the cigarette smoke dissipates. Some smokers think they can hide the smell by opening a window.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    Even with the house well ventilated it can take days before the cigarette smoke dissipates. Some smokers think they can hide the smell by opening a window.
    thats because us smokers can't smell the smoke
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

no he definitely smoked outside and slept out on the couch, he'd never be disrespectful like that. i had the smoky t shirt on my bed for most of the day and a good part of the night, so that's why i think i have that smell...o i just remembered i was wearing the hoodie to bed because i was chilly and it was the same one that i wore in his car on the way to the restaurant. he smoked on the way there too. i never had this before though. maybe my body changed or something. my one ex's brother smoked in the house and they lived together, so everything stank, but i never had that lingering issue. maybe because it's my bed and my space that it bugs me more and i smell it.

anyone else have a change in smell as their bodies change with sci? i think that's a part of why i smell it like i do.

Frank's blog:
    My regular blog:

If the stinky clothes are just chillin in your hamper the smell is still going to linger around. Bars here aren't smoke-free so immediately after a night out I start a load of laundry. I can't stand that smell!

I wouldn't think that smells & SCI have anything to do with each other. If you had any sort of brain injury then, yea?
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

well i know some people who can't smell at all since their injury, i just wonder if it's possible to have it heightened. i'd definitely wash everything, but the washer and dryer are in the basement and i can't get to them. the only washing i do is my cushion covers in my sink.

Frank's blog:
    My regular blog: