Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tapered vs. V shaped front

I went with the tapered, keeps your feet closer together & was looking for a very compact looking chair.

brian, my first chair was tapered and present one is v'd. i was told originally that people with more leg muscle mass should go for tapered, but that could be complete bull, i dont know. fwiw, the one i have now is more compact and looks smaller - so i guess it depends on the chair

tapered is my choice brian, its just preference
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Clodivs View Post
    I went with the tapered, keeps your feet closer together & was looking for a very compact looking chair.
    same reason too.

I prefer the taper too, I like that it keeps my legs together if you have the right seat to footrest. I have the 6 inch less than seat width and I still have plenty of room on the sides.

huh, thats weird, i thought the opposite - on tilite you get to specify the footrest width, so you can go for a size that does in fact keep your feet together. like now i have an 8.5" footrest, whereas when i had tapered all i could get was 10, which did not. i think it depends on the actual chair and options you get, like seat width, and how wide a footrest you want

i have the tapered one too and my legs rub the side but not to bad
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    huh, thats weird, i thought the opposite - on tilite you get to specify the footrest width, so you can go for a size that does in fact keep your feet together. like now i have an 8.5" footrest, whereas when i had tapered all i could get was 10, which did not. i think it depends on the actual chair and options you get, like seat width, and how wide a footrest you want
    Same here. I couldn't keep my feet in place very well at all with a footrest bigger than ~9.5". 9" is perfect. V is only option on Tilite for this. I personally think with a footrest so narrow the tubes tuck in very well behind/beside the tibia and the net result is a much smaller profile on the chair (especially from the front).

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    there is some limits to taper, look the table below from Tilite order form:

Quote Originally Posted by chriZ View Post
    there is some limits to taper, look the table below from Tilite order form:

Actually, those are limits. You are limited to 2, 4 and 6 inch tapers on 15"+ wide chairs. Selecting a V front allows you to chose your width.