Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: attn fuente: marvel pic(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    congrats - great job. best wheelchair website out there (and I have made one myself ;-)
    thanks... want yours redone?

Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    cool chair except ...

...BUTTCRACK...
    huh?

anyone following me in that chair is gonna see WAY more than they want to

i can't be the only quad whose pants stop coming along after two transfers

Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    anyone following me in that chair is gonna see WAY more than they want to

i can't be the only quad whose pants stop coming along after two transfers
    lol, im w/ u there.

very cool chair but after seeing u in it, prob not best for me..

great job on the site...........how is the repping going, any sales/interest
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Very cool chair. I think they are on to something great. I really like them going after mountain bike technology and universal parts. How's your ankles in the chair? It looks like they're resting against the metal.

Good luck and I hope the chair is a huge success.

I would be interested in seeing Marvel eventually offering a less adjustable version of the chair. The removeable front caster assembly is a great feature, but I don't see myself having a need for a chair that's width adjustable. The chair's got a lot of moving parts and hardware and coming from a Hall's chair, where all the parts are welded, and now a ZR, I've acquired a preference for seeing fewer screws and bolts, etc.

But there's no denying that the Marvel has a cool factor going for it and is probably a harbinger of new designs that will sprout up in the coming years attempting to copy aspects of it. A less busy version -- that is, one that's not SO adjustable -- would appeal even more to me.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    how is the repping going, any sales/interest
    decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrmmxer View Post
    How's your ankles in the chair? It looks like they're resting against the metal.
    no problems here, but admittedly I have sensation & move around a good bit. dunno if it might be problematic for others. I doubt it, but can't say with certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I would be interested in seeing Marvel eventually offering a less adjustable version of the chair. The removeable front caster assembly is a great feature, but I don't see myself having a need for a chair that's width adjustable. The chair's got a lot of moving parts and hardware and coming from a Hall's chair, where all the parts are welded, and now a ZR, I've acquired a preference for seeing fewer screws and bolts, etc.
    you're not the first to request that. I did a demo w/ a few wc bball players who were all about minimalism. that said, the adjustability of the seat is based on the sideguards; the hardware is pretty minimal as-is.

check out the photos here: http://www.marvelpro.com/2009/06/26/...to-be-playing/

I know that as of right now a non-adjustable version is not in the pipeline.

Hi Scott, the first time i saw that chair i thought that it`s ok, but i will not buy it never, but now every time a look it i like it more and more.

And now when i saw the pics of weight, more i look it more i like it.

I can`t go in to the price list, because i need a password.
    How much is that chair?
    Last edited by totoL1; 06-27-2009 at 10:21 AM.

the price page isn't finished yet (it'll outline the price list in detail), but yeah, that's always going to require a password. i was requested to remove pricing details (used to be on the home page) by the company, as marvel really wants people to *see* the chair before shrugging it off b/c of numbers, as it is on the higher end of the market.

pricing will vary between dealers, but roughly speaking, currently MSRP is just under $6k. Most dealers should be able to offer it for closer to $5.5k, or if wheels are excluded, under $5k. those numbers are in USD.

They are a bit dear, and what about the camber, all pics i saw are with 0º camber, can i get 2º?