Thread: chicago ideas

chicago ideas

any good fun accessible stuff in chicago im thinking of going
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Museum of Science and Industry
    Shedd Aquarium
    Any of the theaters
    Field Museum
    Art Institute

When are you thinking of going/coming?

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Rent a handcycle at Millennium Park and cruise the bike path along the lake. It stays nice and cool close to the water.

There's also a good Bikram Yoga studio here.

I was just there this past week for a conference. A lot of it seems pretty accessible.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Open Doors published a Chicago accessibility guide recently and has a website to go with it: http://easyaccesschicago.org/

Metromix Chicago site has a pretty thorough listing of stuff to do and places to go, especially for the summer with upcoming festivals and events around town (the flash video on front page scolls thru some stuff, and check out related links on page for Guides and Featured events, and Best Picks). Many events are free and open, or w/minimal charge. You can get coupons for some things, such as boat tours/rides along the lake and river too.

Check out the outdoor movie in the park, for free evening movies (I think they are classic films showing this summer). Also, if you want to check a few museums for some quick visits without having to pay the entrance fees, they have free days for most of the museums, so check out their schedules. You can try to coordinate a few visits together, by strolling through the museum campus which has three together - the Adler planetarium, the Field Museum, and the Shedd Aquarium. The Museum of Science and Industry is cool, esp. for kids, but that's way on the South side in Hyde Park near the UofC.

A lot may depend on where you plan to stay (downtown or ?) and how far you want to venture out into the various neighborhoods. There are many neighborhood festivals - food, music, arts, which can be fun, so check them out if you can and want to explore beyond the usual downtown stuff.

As far as accessibility, much of it is accessible, or need some advance notice or planning (eg. boat rides or outdoor festivals where you might need to plan bathroom breaks etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by captainwelch View Post
    Rent a handcycle at Millennium Park and cruise the bike path along the lake. It stays nice and cool close to the water.

There's also a good Bikram Yoga studio here.
    e

sounds fun and thankyou all for your input it helped alot im thinking of going in the next couple weeks
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

wrigley field for a cubs game! go early and join the surrounding festivities, eateries and bars abound.

Ever thought of sailing? http://www.juddgoldmansailing.org/
    Does my butt make this diaper look big?