Thread: Where do you buy casters??

Where do you buy casters??

I have a relatively new Quickie GT and the other was brought down on a steep hill and my right caster just blew out of the "rim". I fixed it and it is wobbling along temporarily.

Where do you buy good, reliable replacement casters other than the usual spinlife, sportaid type places? Thanks.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

If I’m not mistaken and your chair is less than 1 year old, Quickie should replace the caster and any accessory for free (also the frame has a life time warranty from Quickie). You should check with your wheelchair dealer about it (the person that sold you the Quickie GT).

I took a chunk out of my caster once (the cheap ones that come with the chair) and was able to get scooter wheels (I think it is for the "wave" skateboard type scooter) at Sport Chalet to hold me over until I could get a pair of Frog Legs Soft Rolls. The soft rolls are much quieter than the scooter wheels, but the scooter wheels worked really well inbetween casters.
    Good luck,
    Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

I'm afraid that I'm not much help. I like to purchase the lighted roller blade wheels from sportaid for my casters. They're a lot of fun to have and are great conversation starters.

Try http://www.wheelchairparts.net/
    I've ordered replacement 4 inch caster wheels and bearings for my Quickie GT from them and had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelweiss View Post
    If I’m not mistaken and your chair is less than 1 year old, Quickie should replace the caster and any accessory for free (also the frame has a life time warranty from Quickie). You should check with your wheelchair dealer about it (the person that sold you the Quickie GT).
    Nope, tried that once with casters. Quickie said the casters only had either a 90 day or 6 month (I can't remember now) warranty on them. A little fact they don't tell you until something like this happens.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.