Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is a descent wage for attendant Care?

What is a descent wage for attendant Care?

Looking to find out what a descent wage for attendant care is. Several times a week I need somone with me to help with exercise and some stuff around the house. What would be a descent wage for this? I was think anywhere from $10 to $15. Is this a good range?

It would also depend on the hours you were hiring them for and what their duties were.
    Daniel

It depends on the wage rates in your area. While living in rural Nova Scotia, I was paying $10-15 and had no end of willing workers. But in Vancouver with its high cost of living, I train at $16 an hour for three months. Then it's $17-18 an hour. But I do have one long, long time employee making $20 an hour and she's worth every penny.

Most of it is for after I work out. Need help in the locker room, driving home afterward. Some light duty house work. About 3 times a week 3-4 hrs.

One hundred million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by northquad View Post
    one hundred million dollars.
    nice!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    One hundred million dollars.
    I will work for you NorthQuad. That is a very generous wage that you pay. I can't do the work mself but am prepared to assemble and subcontract out a skilled team.

medic1,
    Here is one strategy: You can call a few agencies and ask what they pay their personal support workers (pretend you are looking for work as one, they might not want to tell you how much they pay their PSWs if they think you are a potential client because then you will know that they are charging you an extra $10-15). This gives you an idea of how much to offer someone you hire.

If you find someone good who you want to keep around then if you can offer to pay them a few more dollars per hour then the agencies pay they will be happier and more likely to stay instead of being lured away by the first job that offers more hours (it's hard to keep good staff at 3 shifts of 3-4 hours per week) or pay and you still save money compared to paying an agency. I would suggest leaving yourself a little breathing room so that you can "reward" a good worker with a small raise if you need to keep them interested.

try a couple dollars over the minumum wage. General rule is the more you pay the better help you get but not always the case. Be sure to check background & references. I pay 10.00 per hour.

Good Luck

David
    David

I would say

$8.00 - $8.50

Depends on work hx related to your needs. Lots of people in need of work. Check references and be careful.
    Lynarrd Skynyrd Lives

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    It depends on the wage rates in your area. While living in rural Nova Scotia, I was paying $10-15 and had no end of willing workers. But in Vancouver with its high cost of living, I train at $16 an hour for three months. Then it's $17-18 an hour. But I do have one long, long time employee making $20 an hour and she's worth every penny.
    Here the wage is $ 22 an hour for the PA without education. After 2 years they get $ 24. But Oslo is the second expensive city in the world after Tokio. That is the minimum wage for all jobs.
    TH 12, 43 years post