Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair removal

Blog Entries

Hair removal

This will be much more prosaic than the usual threads on the subject -- hence no need to go in R&S -- because all I care about is my armpits and legs.

People who have done laser removal -- how long does it last? My doctor told me it is not permanent, but does it last a few months at least, or prove permanent for anyone? Does it work at the level of the individual hair or across a whole area? Is it like electrolysis, only going into the follicle with laser rather than needle? Does it hurt?

I read in another thread about sugaring, which is like waxing I suppose. But things that rip out the hair without killing the root make electrolysis, and presumably laser, less effective in the future, because they distort the hair follicle, make it harder to reach the root to kill it.

I'd be content to get clear for a whole season at a time. Any suggestions?

I have used an Remington epilator for years ... works awesome. And oh yes, I've used it on my armpits - yowie! But clear skin and the hair thins out after using it for so long. I can go weeks without using anything.

My sister had laser to her armpits and she said 'that some' grows back. It's difficult to get it all.

I've never waxed or sugared. I find my hair does grow a week before that time of the month, for some reason.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Well let's be honest...a lack of sensation makes a trip to brasil a really nice option These days, I go bare...and I wouldn't date a person..man or woman, who doesn't

http://www.folica.com/Waxing_Kit_344_1.html

There's nothing more appealing to an oral practitioner...do your partners a favor
    Last edited by JakeHalsted; 06-24-2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: grammar baby

Because hairs all grow at different rates lasering takes a few spread out sessions and can last up to 5 years then need touch ups. The new lasers that can be tested on your palm are very painless except a bit of sting on the upper lip. They also do a 2 or 3 inch by 1 inch area at a time. Find a good laserist not just any dermatologist. And more and more men go for back hair, too thin things down below and many black men, with the newer lasers, get their beards done so no bumps.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

i had lazer done front to back (Brasil) took over ten treatments of owwwy owwy.. feels like an elastic band snapping yer goodys..........but im SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTHHH

Quote Originally Posted by porchdog View Post
    best demo I have run across: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhD1RSKzvP8

That's hysterical............

I also use an epilator, I use it everywhere and it leaves me very smooth.

anyone tried the nono?
    An administrator made me remove my signature.