Thread: Electro Stim recovery

Electro Stim recovery

just wondering if anyone uses a NMES Unit for stimulating partial/weak contracting muscles?

i plan to be using it on triceps, abs, and lower back.

just wondering if anyone has had results by gaining function? and/or reduced quad gut? i already use FES Ergys 2 bike and an uppertone have seen great results gaining muscle tone. now just need to work on everything in between.

Yes. I'm incomplete with weakness mostly on my left side. I've been using NMES on my quads, extensor digitorum longus (muscle in lower leg that raises foot - dorsiflexor), abs, deltoids, triceps and hand extension muscles. I really notice the impact most on the muscles where I have the best function (quads and abs). As the muscles have developed with stim - my physio has me concentrating on moving them with my mind as well as the stim - I have been able to translate this into movement and strength when the stim is not there.
    Hand/forearm and foot have the least impact because they are the most significantly paralyzed/weakened, but I do have some movement and am able to raise my foot slightly on my own - when I have my afo on, which inhibits tone in my gastroc (pushing down on my foot) from overpowering the dorsiflexion.
    I'm consulting a doc in a couple of weeks about using botox in my gastroc while I develop my dorsiflexor. I've read a couple of articles where this has worked.