Thread: Don't be afraid...

Don't be afraid...

We were discussing in the PRIVATE caregiving forum how many new members are checking into cc and just reading...perhaps afraid to chime in...it was well over a year before I had the courage to say hello...I know there are questions...and getting to know you is important...so, let us know you are out there and how we can give you some support! hugs, judy

I know it is some Norwegians reading. I think it is sad, we have the Scandinavian Forum too so if people are really afraid of writing English it is possible to ask in Norwegian too. We are a few Scandinaviens here, I know one Danish, one Swede, Leif, Solan, Urbanan, me who is writing and it was one Norwegian girl writing a few things.

Most Scandinavian people are quite good in writing English, I know mine is not perfect but I don't care. LOL, I can write perfect Norwegian and that is more important most of the time.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Her, um in Ballard, ah in Seattle, vee hav som scandehovians. We kno sum englich, yah der hooven, vee can talk too yu sometime.
    ( Just kiddin,) yeah I know I was sceptical about chiming in, kinda underwhelmed by the knowledge in here, but just jump in and ask any question(gawd knows we have everything from Starbuck coffee cops to who knows what), ask away.

Fishin'Guy, I can write but I can't speak
    TH 12, 43 years post

I know when I first came to this site about my son, I was feeling overwhelmed by his injury and all that comes with it. So many people here were kind enough to answer my many questions and made me feel like I was not alone in this. After a year, I sometimes still have questions about what to do for my son. It is wonderful to be able to come here and be able to ask just about anything and not have to feel uncomfortable about asking. I remember someone telling me early on that things would get better and easier as time went on and I could not imagine that at the time. Now I know how right they were. David has come a long way but still has a way to go. Yet each day he gets better and things are getting easier. I love this site and the people on it that have been there for me and helped me give my son the care he needs. Their direction was much appreciated.
    DavesMom, Diane