Thread: Using a joystick as a mouse

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Using a joystick as a mouse

Are there any joystcks with programmable buttons that can be used as a mouse that are compact? Maybe with a knob like my chair?

I found some 'gaming' ones ...
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

Exclamation Hey take a look.....

Hey Big Fish,
    I have a programmable joystick,not really too compact but its flat and can be strapped down with velcro..REALLY programmable.
    http://www.rlcsystems.com/Product_Li...ystick_610.htm
    Hope that is of use to you.
    Chris

Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 06-18-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spam links removed

Joystick Plus

I use a 'Joystick Plus' on my Mac.

I don't know if the button functions can be changed but it has all the buttons I need on it.

You can have keyguard on or off, the buttons are (from the top one) direction control... up/down only or left/right only, (switch between them to help you get cursor to get the right way - if you need it, not on as default) right click, left click, double click, drag lock and speed.

It comes with a switch box so it you cant manage the buttons on the actual joystick you can attach switches. I just have one switch which i have in left click position as i find if i hold it down with forearm it also does same as drag lock whilst I move joystick with other arm.

I dont use double click much been on a Mac and my dwellclicker left clicks automatically a single time so if I click switch once just as dwellclicker is doing it it goes through as a double click on the rare occasion I need one.

Sometimes I put a switch in the up/down or left/right, if I am doing something that needs a lot of fine control and slow it right down as my main difficulty is Fine Motor Co-ordination.

Joystick comes with a standard joystick and T-bar and 'softknob' attachment options. I mainly use T-bar attachment but found I can steer it by resting forearm on it or with my foot (with joystick placed on floor and 'softknob' on) if my hands/arms are very painful.

They are around £289 (or equivalent) but if you in UK you can get them through AIDIS Trust and get it at reduced price if you send proof of DLA and VAT exemption.

http://www.aidis.org/shop/details.php?id=14

i use pinnacle game profiler. its a program that maps buttons from a joystick to keyboard or mouse. you can set it up for games, or have a constant profile, where it stays on all the time.
    C'mon buh bub!

Last edited by jsd; 07-10-2009 at 11:31 AM.