Thread: i am moving my hips

i am moving my hips

when i am prone i now can move each hip up left almost an inch right i clear the matteress

sitting in chair i can move thighs both left is strongerback and forth but i can/t YET pick them up

i was at sheppards as dr. about it got told when u can pick feet up we talk. i was hurt
    i am 8yrs post

my caregiver when i was prone saw my back muscles right above glutes on left moving
    on right not

i can been over in chair half way and pull mmyself back up using my tummy muscle

yes i am trying i amd c6c7

am thought how i can improve more/

Just keep working at it...

Every muscle you think you have the slightest flicker in, try and connect with it as much as possible.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Can you get into a pool? I have found it easier to recover movements without the resistance of gravity. I have no worries about falling -- just keeping my head above water.

I found that I was able to discover new movements, increase my ROM and by adding weights, etc. work against resistance. I am definately getting stronger.

Work those muscles like you would in a gym. Do sets and rest in between. You can do it many times a day. Work them during every commercial break or such.

With my knees braced, I can now walk in the pool and I'm ready to try PWB walking outside of the pool but I need better braces. I'm almost 5 years post and considered "complete" so this was totally unexpected.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Congrats!

Congrats that is soo exciting, keep working! It takes a long long time, but keep working and doing little things and they will get stronger!
    I wasn't one that liked the pool at first, because I couldn't move much, But now that I am regaining little by little I love it! You can move so much more in the water than on the land or in your chair or in bed! You will be so suprised once you do get in the pool and working and seeing improvements! Keep working and keep your head high!

Congratulations. Keep working on it. This guy could not move anything below his waist after a Jedi kicked him in the back nine months ago and look at him now.

Last edited by Jeff B; 06-29-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Great news!

You've just gotta keep working at it and stay positive. I don't have a spinal injury myself, but I'm here because I know someone who does. One technique he's used while (successfully) regaining motion is to close his eyes and visualize himself at the next stage of movement that he'd like to be.

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    when i am prone i now can move each hip up left almost an inch right i clear the matteress

sitting in chair i can move thighs both left is strongerback and forth but i can/t YET pick them up

i was at sheppards as dr. about it got told when u can pick feet up we talk. i was hurt
    i am 8yrs post

my caregiver when i was prone saw my back muscles right above glutes on left moving
    on right not

i can been over in chair half way and pull mmyself back up using my tummy muscle

yes i am trying i amd c6c7

am thought how i can improve more/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Congratulations. Keep working on it. This guy could not move anything below his waist after a Jedi kicked him in the back nine months ago and look at him now.

lol love it
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

put some of your favorite dance music on and try moviing hips to music...
    it will feel more like fun, less like work.

Vjls,

Every day, try to prove them wrong. do whatever you want, the smallest things, heavier objects, any thing like all have said here. Music, Dancing, tapping, twitching, get them firing, they seem to want to move. Just do it!!!! It doesn't cost, and it sure won't hurt, do it.