Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I received my new StimuLITE Contour - Questions...

I received my new StimuLITE Contour - Questions...

I received my new cushion today and I have only been on it five to ten minutes so I can't give any thoughts yet, but I have questions.

My chair is 17x16, which is not an option in this cushion, so I have a 18x16 cushion. Can this cushion be trimmed down?

It seems I recall others that say these settle in after about a week, yes? If so, in what way? I was on a Jay Active, that the gel broke, and I switched to a RoHo while waiting for the new cushion; I am sitting taller on this cushion than the other two and wondering if these "settle" any?

Thanks, Brian

snd it back, of course 17x16 is an option, its a cust cut. get the right size. i get them all the time, 17x16
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

i got a special size too (14w x 18d) and bought it through sportaid - i think it was about $20 extra. but to answer your question, you can trim the cushion a little, so long as you do it symmetrically. but on the contour you might be in danger of trimming too much into the leg troughs.

im not sure that they 'settle' in the respect that they get lower, but they do get softer/more comfortable as the cells seem to remember the shape of you butt. if you do decide to return it for the size, you may be better to also consider going to a lower profile cushion... for example, the contour is 3" in the front and 2" in the back (i think - supracor have changed their website, and they used to have great diagrams of each cushion, but theyre no longer there). a lot of people here (including fuente) swear by the classic xs, which is 2 3/4". the slimline has a slight contour but no extra dump, and according to the website is 2+" (no idea what that means, sorry). and the sport, which i have as well as a contour, is 2".

perhaps if you still want a contour but a lower profile, you should consider switching to a slimline...

Supracor's 17x16 Stimulite Contoured is really just a non-standard size. It's not even a custom cut. Most vendor websites don't display many of Supracor's non-standard sizes.

snd it back
    Depending on where you bought it, sending it back may not be an option. Sport Aid and Quickie's policies are that cushions are absolutely non-returnable, non-refundable items. Spinlife will accept unused items in brand new condition in their original packaging for 30 days, with advance authorization and payment of a 15 percent restocking fee.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    Depending on where you bought it, sending it back may not be an option. Sport Aid and Quickie's policies are that cushions are absolutely non-returnable, non-refundable items. Spinlife will accept unused items in brand new condition in their original packaging for 30 days, with advance authorization and payment of a 15 percent restocking fee.
    I did check into all that before I purchased it and I went with SpinLife because of their policy, as mentioned above. SportAid would allow me to send it back but the restocking fee was much higher.

I should have been a little clearer in my original post; I was a bit lazy in the way I stated it. My current chair is 17x16 but the Jay cushion I have been using for years is 18x18, where I modify the back but the width worked ok, a little snug but fine. Also, the new chair I want to order I am planning on 18x16, so I figured I could use the new cushion in my current chair until I received the new chair. Well, nice thought but the StimuLITE is much firmer than my Jay and simply doesn't fit and is unusable in my current chair.

Furthermore, I sit much higher on this cushion, which I do not like, so I am going to send it back.

Sportaid will allow you to send it back?? Do you have that in writing somewhere? (Oh please please please!)

I hate my Stimulite Classic XS I bought from them a few weeks ago, but was told and saw on their site that cushions were not returnable. I'd be happy to pay ANY restocking fee just to try and recoup some part of the big bucks I paid for it rather than seeing it used as the world's most expensive cat bed.

I'll owe you BIGTIME, Brian, if you can help me figure out how to get Sport Aid to take the POS back!
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Sportaid will allow you to send it back?? Do you have that in writing somewhere? (Oh please please please!)

I hate my Stimulite Classic XS I bought from them a few weeks ago, but was told and saw on their site that cushions were not returnable. I'd be happy to pay ANY restocking fee just to try and recoup some part of the big bucks I paid for it rather than seeing it used as the world's most expensive cat bed.

I'll owe you BIGTIME, Brian, if you can help me figure out how to get Sport Aid to take the POS back!
    What are the dimensions?

It's an 18x18 flat bottom with an extra cover. Interested??

~Julius Caesar

It's an 18x18 flat bottom with an extra cover. Interested??
    Sorry, I'm a 16 x 16 guy.