Thread: Housing Interview

Housing Interview

Alrighty, so I have an appointment the following Monday and they're most likely going to be all over me about caregivers and I'm trying to prepare so this works out in my interest and I not get denied and pointed in the direction of a nursing home, which will be my only option come August if this fails.

DHS has taken over the long term care authority here and alot of things have changed. What I have been told now is that I am only allowed to outsource PCA's through 1 home health care agency instead of multiples. This and all the other agencies have the hardest time staffing evenings and weekends. This hasn't been that big of an issue because I've been w/family who have taken up the responsibility. Now it's a HUGE issue because I'll be on my own, but I'm pretty sure I can staff all my hours with a little bit of advice from my lifeline CareCure.

I know to advertise in health facilities and universities but where else should I? Any advice on whom I should get in contact to get the new guidelines DHS has layed out? Please don't say to call DHS because they're just as lost as me. I swear on it, knowone knows anything, they're worthless. The bad deal is it is so fresh to everyone in the industry that nobody knows.

Anyways, I haven't dealt with this much because I had some support. Now it's time to man up, but I'm soooooooooo confused.

I get through the days easily as long as meals are preped. Other than that it is bowels and shower M-W-F A.M. and dressing and transfers on the the others with light housework. Evening really is just transfers, undressing and light housework if any.

Sooooo........any thoughts?

Thanks.

-Chris
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

What program are you on with DHS? I know you said long term disability.
    Is that it? I'm long term but I'm on CBA, Community Based Alternative.

Recently for us, Craig's List has been invaluable in getting quick applications and quick hires. Just be sure that if they are not already working for the agency that they can be hired by the agency, and if the agency does not do a background check, you should.

Check with your local ILC about advice on how to deal with new regs. They should already be helping other clients figure it out.

(KLD)

I'm on the Advantage waiver program, now run by DHS. Thank you KLD.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace