Thread: Career Development

Career Development

We have a meeting with a career development representative tomorrow who is going to assist us with our business plan and funding. I spoke with her Friday but still am kind of freaked out. Not in a bad way but I feel completely unprepared. Anyone know what I should expect?
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

I hope you have not done this backwards...I think before any assistance is given you need to be clear on exactly how you will build a successful business...unless the meeting is about getting help through small business loan, and you do need a business plan to fill out the application...Voc rehab helped with school and your van lift? usually they can help with a business start up but it has to be approved before you do it I think...anyways, keep us posted on how it goes, the dog pic's were great! judy

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs View Post
    We have a meeting with a career development representative tomorrow who is going to assist us with our business plan and funding. I spoke with her Friday but still am kind of freaked out. Not in a bad way but I feel completely unprepared. Anyone know what I should expect?
    First she would want to know what kind of business you are trying to venture in to. Then what kind of experience you have in that field. Also, she will probably ask you if you have researched the profitability of said business. What demographics will it cater to? How much will it costs to get the business off the ground, and what the turnaround is for that kind of business. Definitely go to the meeting prepared and keep a smile on your face. I think everything will be alright. Take care.

Thanks. To bad the online reports have to be bought....
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

what online reports are you talking about?

Research reports on the industry, no time to go to the library.....some cost $600-700

My Myspace

ouch...wish you had more time and $$, luck to you for being so determined! you are setting a very good example to everyone, especially your son! hugs, judy...hope to meet you at our Oklahoma gathering when addiesue brings Bente to OK!

Went extremely well. My business partner and I couldn't hide the excitement in our faces. Grinning ear to ear. I'll elaborate more later on.

My Myspace

that's wonderful Chris!

That's awesome, can't wait to hear the details.