Thread: HELP - Governor Threatens to ELIMINATE Nearly 90% of IHSS Program

Exclamation HELP - Governor Threatens to ELIMINATE Nearly 90% of IHSS Program

in CA. This cut will put people in rest homes, institutions, and on the street with no help. Don't Put Lives At Risk! Stop Cuts to Homecare! Please visit http://stophomecarecuts.org/ and send a letter to Gov. Schwarzenegger not to cut this Program. For several years "He" has tried to cut this program.

Makeup a CA address I don't care. THIS REALLY SUCKS for the elderly and individuals with a disability.

DAM it's not even cost effective. The State would pay more. What a bunch aholes.....
    Lynarrd Skynyrd Lives

Quote Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
    in CA. This cut will put people in rest homes, institutions, and on the street with no help. Don't Put Lives At Risk! Stop Cuts to Homecare! Please visit http://stophomecarecuts.org/ and send a letter to Gov. Schwarzenegger not to cut this Program. For several years "He" has tried to cut this program.

Makeup a CA address I don't care. THIS REALLY SUCKS for the elderly and individuals with a disability.

DAM it's not even cost effective. The State would pay more. What a bunch aholes.....
    They are doing the same thing in WA State. I got a letter this morning, saying the number of hours a month for caregiving I'm allowed is being reduced and there's really not much I can do about it, according to the letter. Its almost like they want everyone who needs help due to their disabilities to be stuck in a nursing home and not be somewhat independent.

Jessie

Wrote to Arnie and Karen..hope it helps. Such an unfair way to balance a BUDGET that isn't one. We should have let Gray raise the registration fees when he was going to do it. We wouldn't be in this quagmire.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

There are members of an independent living Center here in the Bay Area that are actively lobbying against these proposed cuts. Let's hope their voices are heard.

I will try to call Sacramento tomorrow. I totally agree about Gray Davis and raising the registration fee. That just may have brought this nightmare to an end.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I just forwaded it to friends and family. do you think the email or the phone call to the # listed will make more of an impact??
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

I think they get thousands and thousands of e-mails so sending them a handwritten letter or giving them a phone call would be better.

Right now I'm on hold waiting for a member of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's staff to talk with me about this issue.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Addendum:

I just got off the phone with Matt at the governor's office. According to Matt they read every e-mail that comes in.
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com