Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CCC site slow

Its alot better now. Maybe we overloaded it.
    Last edited by jryprt; 11-22-2010 at 05:47 PM.

sorry for 2 post

Don't know, just got back on and it is real slow again.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Don't know, just got back on and it is real slow again.
    It has occasional spurts of slowness. CC's fairly stable now most of the time—I'm still working on those instances where it's not.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

working just fine for me! thank you, steven edwards!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

I *may* have just gotten it all fixed. Please alert me to any problems, excluding a lack of email notifications.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Slower than molasses Dude.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    It's slow. I'm on it.
    What is it you do? Why is it that topics on this site remain forever? Doesn't that take up bandwidth? When we talk about a recent social event or pop culture, I don't see why that needs to be here for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    Really? I haven't seen any slowdown today.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    What is it you do?
    I diagnose problems, then choose viable solutions. Sometimes it involves writing code, others involve noticing irregularities and tracking their causes. Often times it involves scouring various log files to look for potentially malicious behavior and implementing solutions to prevent them from bothering us again.

Why is it that topics on this site remain forever? Doesn't that take up bandwidth?
    Storage is cheap, so there's no reason not to keep it. All of the messages on this site consume less than 2 GB of space, with attachments using just over 2.75 GB. Bandwidth is only used when people access the older content.

When we talk about a recent social event or pop culture, I don't see why that needs to be here for years.
    There's no solution that's perfect for everyone, so we keep them—just like the majority of other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    Sue: I open up about three tabs in Firefox (you could do the same in Internet Explorer) and I'm not waiting around for pages to load.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com