Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CCC site slow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CCC site slow

Is it just me or is CCC site slow tonight?

It's slow. I'm on it.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

OMG ..... still terribly randomly s.....l.....o......w..... !!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    It's slow. I'm on it.
    What is it you do? Why is it that topics on this site remain forever? Doesn't that take up bandwidth? When we talk about a recent social event or pop culture, I don't see why that needs to be here for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    Slower than molasses Dude.
    Really? I haven't seen any slowdown today.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    What is it you do?
    I diagnose problems, then choose viable solutions. Sometimes it involves writing code, others involve noticing irregularities and tracking their causes. Often times it involves scouring various log files to look for potentially malicious behavior and implementing solutions to prevent them from bothering us again.

Why is it that topics on this site remain forever? Doesn't that take up bandwidth?
    Storage is cheap, so there's no reason not to keep it. All of the messages on this site consume less than 2 GB of space, with attachments using just over 2.75 GB. Bandwidth is only used when people access the older content.

When we talk about a recent social event or pop culture, I don't see why that needs to be here for years.
    There's no solution that's perfect for everyone, so we keep them—just like the majority of other sites.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    Really? I haven't seen any slowdown today.

I diagnose problems, then choose viable solutions. Sometimes it involves writing code, others involve noticing irregularities and tracking their causes. Often times it involves scouring various log files to look for potentially malicious behavior and implementing solutions to prevent them from bothering us again.

Storage is cheap, so there's no reason not to keep it. All of the messages on this site consume less than 2 GB of space, with attachments using just over 2.75 GB. Bandwidth is only used when people access the older content.

There's no solution that's perfect for everyone, so we keep them—just like the majority of other sites.
    Steven,

You're amazing at answering questions. It's written correctly and straightforward. Bravo to the web site maintenance.

Extremely slow!!
    I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past, so one way to get the most out of life is to look at it as an adventure.

It seems more reliably quick for me over the past 10 minutes, Obie. We'll see what happens.

Good news: the database isn't corrupt, as I feared. (We have backups, sure, but importing them takes forever.)

Yeah sorted now, super quick
    I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past, so one way to get the most out of life is to look at it as an adventure.