Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Max has died. :(

Max has died. :(

It really breaks my heart to tell you all this. Max died in his sleep on Tuesday night. I had called him Tuesday night to get him to come to the Wheels in Motion event. He was very short of breath and very tired so I said I'd call back later. I left a message earlier today and his live-in caregiver called me back with the bad news.

Max had been having breathing problems the past week but I guess he didn't want to go to the hospital. His caregiver put him down for the night on Tuesday around 9pm, checked on him at 930 and before bed at 12am. When he went in to wake Max up at 9am Wednesday, Max was cold and unresponsive. I'm going to the funeral tomorrow evening, I'll get more details there. His live-in caregiver Misha is beside himself, he's been caring for Max for 9 years.

Max has a long history with Carecure. He was our paperboy. He found interesting articles from all over the internet for us to read. He wasn't afraid to give his opinion, regardless of others. He'd be the first to admit that he wasn't always in agreement with a few of the members here, including Dr. Young and sometimes he'd go a little far in his feather ruffling. However, no one here can deny that he was a huge part of this community over the years. He was one of the earliest members and had met Dr. Young in... 2002?

I'd been over to visit him a few times out in NDG over the years. Every time I'd come out of his place shit-faced on Russian vodka, a belly full of caviar and fish, and a carton of cheap cigarettes in my bag. So all of you drinkers, lift a glass in memory of Max tonight!

Farewell soldier!

I will always remember Max.

I'm sorry you've lost another friend Chris.

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I will miss his commitment to our CC community. I hope his family and friends get through this loss.

Ashley
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

RIP Max

That bites. I remember Max from the mailing list days long, long ago.

First dogger. Now Max.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

another gone too soon.

Wow RIP Max. Too damned many people dying these days...
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

That is a shock and very, very sad. I will miss all the articles Max posted for us.

Please give Misha our condolences.

That's a great photo Christopher.

What a shock! While I did not always agree with Max, there was no doubting his dedication to this site and community. He will be missed.

(KLD)

Awwww Max ...... one of the originals for sure ! {{{kiss}}} {{{kiss}}}

Chris what about his kids .... did he not have a family? We will drink a shot of vodka in his honour on Sat. nite !

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry