Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Max has died. :(

Max, you were a one-man army but also a collaborator, all despite your level of injury and problems. Thanks for all buddy. I guess you have taken the fight to the next level

RIP Max. You will be missed greatly!

CK sending big hugs to you and his daughter and all his friends and family. Take care of yourself. Sorry you lost another friend there.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

RIP Max you will be missed !!!!!

I am so sorry to hear this. You will be missed by both your families My sympathies to all of his family and cc friends (family)
    RIP Max

First time I believe I ever saw Max in photo and this truly saddens me.

In paradisum deducant te Angeli: Requiem in pace, Max.

Max once told me that while in the Ukraine, his body was free and his spirit was imprisoned. And then, after moving to Canada and becoming sci, his spirit was free but his body was imprisoned!
    Nice. I'm sorry I haven't said anything more yet... Carecure was down last night and I was on the radio this afternoon (hard to be cheery with a heavy heart but that's SCI for you) and now I'm just popping in quickly before I go to the funeral. You're right Sue, Max was so proud of his little girl. I know they were fighting a bit these past months, as is to be expected with a teenager. He lived for her these last few years I think. I'll convey our sympathies to her when I see her.

Thank you for the donation In Memory of Max for the Wheels in Motion event. He would have wanted that. He was at last year's event in the crazy heat and it was good to see him get out.

What can we do but keep on living? I never expected life to be easy but every time something like this happens I wonder why it has to be so hard.

I'll be back with news, and you can bet I'll be shitfaced in his memory. Like a true Irishman.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    I never expected life to be easy but every time something like this happens I wonder why it has to be so hard.
    Beautifully said, I think that sums up much of my feelings about our conditions.

Whenever I would look for spinal cord injury news I would always search his name first. No article could ever get past old Max. Rest in peace buddy.

I was shocked to read this, and send my deepest sympathy to his family and friends. I enjoyed his many contributions to CC. Sometimes it seemed like he knew of every SCI that occurred anywhere. Too young, and very sad that he is lost to us.