Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Max has died. :(

Godspeed, Max. You'll be missed.

R.I.P Max. I enjoyed your contribution to the forum.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    from his pictures, it looks like he was only in his 40s! Definitely another casualty to SCI. My condolences to his family and friends.
    I concur. I believe it was suffocation from SCI-related problems, but I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DA View Post
    we need a memorial page for our departed cc members. just a page with the members name. like the vietnam wall.
    Da,

I have been thinking the same thing after hearing about Max, too many have left us lately. Maybe a place on CC with a photo and brief note about those who pass, sort of like a memorial to these people.

I always feel so completly sad and very hopeless when someone leaves us, due to SCI.

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Princess "Leia" View Post
    Da,

I have been thinking the same thing after hearing about Max, too many have left us lately. Maybe a place on CC with a photo and brief note about those who pass, sort of like a memorial to these people.

I always feel so completly sad and very hopeless when someone leaves us, due to SCI.

Pam
    I do too Pam, but my heart also soars with possibility that they're finally whole once again, free from sci forevermore, and alive and aware in some form, somewhere. Max was young, and I ache for his children and how they must feel. I'm sure they realize how much their father loved them and loves them still, and I hope this they can grab on to and hold dear until time makes his passing a little easier to deal with.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Even sadder is the possibility that if he had gone to the hospital or the Dr. they might have been able to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DA View Post
    we need a memorial page for our departed cc members. just a page with the members name. like the vietnam wall.
    I have been thinking the same. Memorializing them on the Internet is one way that they can live on and not be forgotten.

RDF, I like to think they are in a better place. No more pain. No more suffering. No more SCI.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I met Max a year ago today at the Rick Hansen's Wheel of Motion event. We spent quite a while chatting - what an interesting and bright person. I was so amazed how well informed he was about new SCI research and quick to share it.

He will definitely be missed, not only by his family, caregiver and friends, but the CC community as well.

Such sad news. He will be missed. His daughter was his heart. Love you Max.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudMom View Post
    I met Max a year ago today at the Rick Hansen's Wheel of Motion event. We spent quite a while chatting - what an interesting and bright person. I was so amazed how well informed he was about new SCI research and quick to share it.

He will definitely be missed, not only by his family, caregiver and friends, but the CC community as well.
    My mom wanted to post this pic she took from last year's Wheels in Motion. (Chris, let me know if you don't like it)