Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: baclofen and alcohol

baclofen and alcohol

i take 60 mg of baclofen daily. is it okay to have one drink w/this or even two..........

It is not written any place that you can't drink together with Baclofen, I just check the med. book here for the doctors. Everybody drinks on that or Lioresal.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Due to the sedative effect of baclofen, it is best if you avoid drinking alcohol at all with this drug, but if you must, limit yourself to one drink, and avoid driving afterwards.

Baclofen is the same as Lioresol. From www.rxlist.com

For professionals:
    Patients should also be cautioned that the central nervous system effects of baclofen may be additive to those of alcohol and other CNS depressants.
    For patients:
    This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy; use caution engaging in activities requiring alertness such as driving or using machinery. Limit alcoholic beverages.
    (KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 06-10-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Ideally you should not combine the two. They both can cause cns depressive effects.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Due to the sedative effect of baclofen, it is best if you avoid drinking alcohol at all with this drug, but if you must, limit yourself to one drink, and avoid driving afterwards.

Baclofen is the same as Lioresol. From www.rxlist.com

For professionals:

For patients:

(KLD)
    But that is only in the start fase, isn't it? It is what I was told and is written in our medical books.

And for sure, with one drink, Baclofen or not, you don't drive
    TH 12, 43 years post

[quote=SCI-Nurse;1054342]Due to the sedative effect of baclofen, it is best if you avoid drinking alcohol at all with this drug, but if you must, limit yourself to one drink, and avoid driving afterwards.

While we are on the topic, here is an interesting Baclofen study. It ain't all bad.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/567102
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I take 100mg of Baclofen daily and drink once, maybe twice a week and have yet to have any issues.............and I like a drink when I do.

Ian

i take 100mgs too and i'll occasionally drink, but i usually get too tired before i get a buzz because alcohol increases drowsiness with this med. if i want a buzz i have to pound it, then i'm just drunk and not tired. if you have bad or only ok balance, be careful. for me, mine is ok, but just 2 weeks ago i got a little tipsy and felt very unbalanced, so i stopped drinking. i also found out that i think margaritas taste horrible. just give me my vodka and go away.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

frankly, and pc incorrect, yes. i used to take 60 mg bac, now 40. however, i do not take them at same time. please don't do that. most med professionals will tell you no alcohol if taking any meds...meds and alcohol are drugs. just treat them as such. if in neuro pain, as i am, it's your decision. bac and alcohol in moderate measures, and not at the same time, isn't gonna kill you.

i remember just being out of rehab, on bac, doxepin, whatever, and going out to dinner for the first time. i had a drink, in fear. it was nothing. in fact, i felt better. but again, i am not saying take them together, or close together.

btw, bac does not make me dizzy or drowsy. i wish it made me drowsy...maybe i could sleep...except i take 20 mg in a.m. and 20 mg around noon and until last yr was working and driving just fine.
    Last edited by cass; 06-11-2009 at 02:33 AM.

It looks like it is different recommendations in different countries. I even called my SCI doctor from Turkey to ask if I could drink on Cipro because I was so surprised the turkish doctor told me not to drink. And mine say it was ok to drink the way I do but not to go out in the sun for sunbathing a long time because of the risk of sunburn on Cipro.
    TH 12, 43 years post