Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can i flush out my bladder

How can i flush out my bladder

My catheter keeps on blocking up,i drink water,but still find after a nights rest there is flakes in my urine but also i find like a very fine powder lying in the pipe of the legbag,How do i get rid of it im not feeling chills or anything so i dont think i have infection

drink a lot in a short period of time... & prepare to have to go a lot.

What is gatorade,scott will it help how much water at a time i have an indweling catheter with legbag

Quote Originally Posted by Riaan View Post
    My catheter keeps on blocking up,i drink water,but still find after a nights rest there is flakes in my urine but also i find like a very fine powder lying in the pipe of the legbag,How do i get rid of it im not feeling chills or anything so i dont think i have infection
    With an ID catheter I use saline and a piston type flush kit to flush each night. If you feel and infection coming on try dissolving an antibiotic tablet in a large bottle of saline then fill your bladder with the solution and clamp it off for a few minutes then flush again with pure saline.

Hope it helps and as suggested drink, drink, drink lot's of water!!!
    ^^(A)^^

Quote Originally Posted by Riaan View Post
    What is gatorade
    a popular sports drink in the US. www.gatorade.com

scott will it help how much water at a time i have an indweling catheter with legbag
    try 1.5L of water in ~30min.

Just have a beer that will do it
    I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past, so one way to get the most out of life is to look at it as an adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    Just have a beer that will do it
    but to do it right, knock out about 12 of those suckers, then who cares if they have a uti..........
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

For excessive clogging or encrustation of an indwelling catheter you can try a combination of acidifying your urine (vitamin C 1000 mg. daily) and doing a daily Renecidin instillation (not an irrigation). Talk to your urologist about this.

It would also be important to be sure you do not have stones in your bladder. Have you had recent tests for this?

(KLD)

I havent seen a doctor for about 2 and a half years,and doing a daily Renecidin instillation (not an irrigation). ?and how would i know if i have stones