Thread: Treat UTI without symptoms

Treat UTI without symptoms

Hi all,

The other week I'm pretty sure I had a UTI, high temperature, chills, leaking etc. It only lasted one night, and I was pretty much back to normal next day. Usual I can hold around 500ml without leaking, but now it is around 300ml. Usually leaking is a sign of an UTI for me, but I'm not sure whether to treat this or not because I have no other symptoms?

SCI Nurse (anybody else ), should I get a urine sample carried out and treat or just monitor?

Thanks

BR

Quote Originally Posted by bikeracer View Post
    It only lasted one night, and I was pretty much back to normal next day.
    based on the above, just monitor it.

sometimes i'll get lower capacity + increased bladder spasms / leaking if my bowels need to be cleared.

the high temperature & chills raises a little concern though. typically the early stages of UTIs won't spike a fever (at least not for me). if this could've been bowel-related, maybe it was something you ate? food poisoning can trigger feverish symptoms & won't last long.
    Last edited by -scott-; 06-08-2009 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    based on the above, just monitor it.

sometimes i'll get lower capacity + increased bladder spasms / leaking if my bowels need to be cleared.

the high temperature & chills raises a little concern though. typically the early stages of UTIs won't spike a fever (at least not for me). if this could've been bowel-related, maybe it was something you ate? food poisoning can trigger feverish symptoms & won't last long.
    I agree.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Call your physician. In a case like this, we often go ahead and get a specimen so that if you get symptoms again soon we can treat presumptive that it is the same bug, and you already have the C&S done.

(KLD)

Thanks for the replies

I hadn't though of food poisoning or bowel issues, but both good things to look out for in the future.

I forgot to mention that my urine smells a bit like it does when I have had UTI in the past, so I think I will get a specimen analysis carried out just to be on the safe side.

Thanks again,

BR