Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi, I am coming the Atlantic and want to meet you

Bente and Beth sound better than Thelma and Louise
    TH 12, 43 years post

Give me a shout if you guys want to stop for lunch in Amarillo on your way to Santa Fe for some awesome steak (or anything else we can find). There really isn't much else to do here, but it would give you a break on your trip.

I'm up in the NW corner of Arkansas if you decide you want to see Mena.

I wonder if we should go through there on the way to Oklahoma? I'll check on that and see if time allows.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Since the U.S.A. consists of three parts - the East Coast, the Left Coast (LA, SF and some other stuff south of Canada with Pacific views), and everything else, you will need to come at least two more times. Of course, we also have Texas, Alaska and Hawaii - but those really are only technically part of the USA.

The Keys aren't on the way to anywhere else in the U.S.A. - but give a shout if you want to get lost in Paradise as part of your vacation experience.

You will have a great time whatever you do. You have some excellent tour guides lined up.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Hey, at least Texas is physically attached, unlike the Keys.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

McDuff according to mapquest it is about halfway between memphis and tulsa to stop at Queen Wilh whatever it was so we will go there on the way to my sisters. I hope that Bente doesn't hate me in the end traveling all that way with 2 kids.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Admittedly, our connection to mainland America is tenuous at best. Better get here before the "blow the bridges" initiative passes.

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Hey, at least Texas is physically attached, unlike the Keys.
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Addiesue, remember to add to time needed if you take the scenic route, Hwy 88 in AR, Hwy 1 in OK. which of course you would want to if going that way. It is a real windy, twisty road and I think the speed limit is 45 at most. Kids may get a little bored. But the Lodge had things like a putt-putt and a little train(I think) that could amuse them.

FO, wonder how much to ferry a MH to Key West?
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Not much if you leave from Havana.
    Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Addiesue, remember to add to time needed if you take the scenic route, Hwy 88 in AR, Hwy 1 in OK. which of course you would want to if going that way. It is a real windy, twisty road and I think the speed limit is 45 at most. Kids may get a little bored. But the Lodge had things like a putt-putt and a little train(I think) that could amuse them.

FO, wonder how much to ferry a MH to Key West?
    Foolish