Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi, I am coming the Atlantic and want to meet you

Hi, I am coming the Atlantic and want to meet you

I have had a thread in the "women only" about going to meet some of the women and I take the plane to Nashville and meet Addiesue and later go to Betheny and I have a lot of appointments to meet with the women in different states around.

I am coming to Nashville June 19th and go home to Norway from Nashville August 11th. This is very exciting, I have never been to the States before and the women have a lot of great plans for me

But it would be nice to meet some of you guys too. Unfortunately I don't have the controll of the appointments and dates, I am a little embarrassed because of it, but Addiesue and Betheny have much more controll than me. I don't know the map and the distances so it is impossible for me to make the plans before I am there and can talk to people.

I have plans to go to Gaitlinburg and meet Alyia and to meet Rebajane in Memphis to go and see Graceland and Betheny, Daisy and I have plans to go to Santa Fe. I have other plans to meet some of the other women too, but I don't know when yet. Maybe Addiesue knows or Betheny

But if you are in the area and want to meet an old Norwegian SCI woman, it would have been great. I am really looking forward to this trip and to meet the people I have been chatting with here on CC for years. And I am so greatful to the women who have made this trip possible.

I don't have the child with me, he is going with his father to Thailand two days before I leave to Nashville and cooming home three days after I am coming home. This is the summer vacation in the schools here so this time is my possibility to go on vacation.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Looks like I have this so far. We should be in Atlanta 21 - 23 or 24. (this is pending and may have to be moved) Chattanooga either on the way there or the way back. Gatlinburg 28 - July 1 and maybe Asheville, NC one of those days. Memphis and Tunica MS 6 7 8 and on the way to Oklahoma after that. Somewhere in there we may visit KY for a day if we are not exhausted and of course we will be all over middle TN seeing Nashville and Jack Daniels and all of those sites. Then it's on Betheny until Bente is ready to come back to me.

We will try to be in Indianapolis, Indiana August 9th but not sure yet.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Make a short sidetrip to Vancouver

Oh I wish
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

People towards the center of the country? What do you think a Norwegian should see of America, if she is using OKC as "home base"?

I refuse to make her sit in my living room for a month! Santa Fe is not carved in stone. I'm thinking though, that if no better opportunities present themselves, we may as well head west.

Bente wants to see the real America. I've bee dying to go to the Grand Canyon and haven't wanted to go alone, haven't had family members that seemed too interested. So one option is for Bente and I to hop in my van, sort of take the Route 66 tour, stop at Santa Fe to visit, then onwards to the Canyon.

We are flexible, can go anywhere we want.. Anybody up for some meet-n-greets?

Sounds like you need to grab a film crew, "CC Girls gone crazy!"
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    Make a short sidetrip to Vancouver
    Oh yes, please! I would really love that!

Blog Entries
    I have N I C E photog equipment n' know how ta use it , lol. I'll volunteer

We'll catch ya in Gatilinburg and maybe, on down to my Benevolent Sponsor's stompin' grounds... you'll like Jack.

I agree Betheny, GRAND CANYON, numero uno. Four Corners if ya can make it, also.

BTW, Betheny, instantly thought of you, ran across this the other day as I was driving to spend the day at Elrod Falls. Stuck out like a BIG BOOTY, bein' in the Volunteer State and all...
    they had a big flag flying from the porch also.
    Dang SoonerZ
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 06-07-2009 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Cause I'm tAAnkin slOOw

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    People towards the center of the country? What do you think a Norwegian should see of America, if she is using OKC as "home base"?

I refuse to make her sit in my living room for a month! Santa Fe is not carved in stone. I'm thinking though, that if no better opportunities present themselves, we may as well head west.

Bente wants to see the real America. I've bee dying to go to the Grand Canyon and haven't wanted to go alone, haven't had family members that seemed too interested. So one option is for Bente and I to hop in my van, sort of take the Route 66 tour, stop at Santa Fe to visit, then onwards to the Canyon.

We are flexible, can go anywhere we want.. Anybody up for some meet-n-greets?
    Uh oh, I see a Thelma and Louise (Bente and Beth) sequel coming soon...
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Betheny,

A quick overnight trip worth seeing; go to the Queen Wilhelmina State Park Lodge(SE OK and AR), also called the Castle in the Clouds:

http://www.queenwilhelmina.com/

I stayed there on a motorcycle trip, the area is beautiful. This little road called the Talimena Scenic Drive runs from Ok to Ar and is cut along the tops of the mountains, there is a turnout like every 1/2 mile.

http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/

Looks like there are only 2 accessible rooms at the lodge so you would need to plan ahead. The view on the road and at the lodge(almost a 360 porch) are pretty sweet.

Welcome to the USA Bente, hope you have fun with the ladies. I think you picked a good "set" to party with.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"