Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Geron trials?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    Cetherin Phase I results did not take that long, I believe.
    I believe you will get "safety" results in the Geron trial as soon as the FDA approves or phase II. The clients will be followed or 14 years though.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Schmeky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    West Monroe, LA, USA
    Posts
    3,413
    Quote Originally Posted by quadfather
    Cetherin Phase I results did not take that long, I believe.
    Agreed, however, Geron is using hESC's, and tumor formation was major hurdle for Geron to overcome before the FDA would approve. It's going to require more time to ascertain the long term effects of what Geron is doing.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by DA View Post
    are you hearing results?
    sorry have heard of noting no but looking at other options like bone morrow stem cell it might not be worth a f---k but what can we do

  4. #24
    so out of all this it is going to take 12-15 years before we see things moving i did think the trials would go quick when they would see things working ? can you tell me is the FDA waiting for Geron or is it the other away round you do wonder at times so basically FDA controls every thing yet they do not fund any trials is this right? if this is right we are f---k then what way will they control dr.wise trials when thay get up and working hopefully wil it take thesame amount of time 12-15 years

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    Wow!! That soon ??



    DA's right. The trial will span a minimum of 7 years, and could be 12 years+.
    Man.......this site can be depressing sometimes.....get on with your lives as they are people and just do the best you have with what you've got. Twelve years........f&*k.
    Here's Hoping!

  6. #26
    Senior Member KIM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Piedralaves (Avila) SPAIN
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB View Post
    Throw a rod in the water.....relax!
    They will bite sooner than later.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by skeaman View Post
    so out of all this it is going to take 12-15 years before we see things moving i did think the trials would go quick when they would see things working ? can you tell me is the FDA waiting for Geron or is it the other away round you do wonder at times so basically FDA controls every thing yet they do not fund any trials is this right? if this is right we are f---k then what way will they control dr.wise trials when thay get up and working hopefully wil it take thesame amount of time 12-15 years
    No it will not take 12 - 15 years to move to phase 2 or 3 if the safety the FDA AND THE PATIENT are looking for is proven.

  8. #28
    Senior Member DA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    beaumont tx usa
    Posts
    32,389
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB View Post
    Man.......this site can be depressing sometimes.....get on with your lives as they are people and just do the best you have with what you've got. Twelve years........f&*k.
    dougb, where you been hiding?

    every year we lose forum members to sci related issues. these friends would still be alive had a cure exist.

  9. #29

    NOTHING is private any more

    For those of you who read this board with hope...

    If any SCI patient is even partially cured w/a Geron trial, it will be absolutely impossible to keep that information under wraps. Maybe the patient will honor a nondisclosure (although I doubt it), but family, friends, doctors, nurse, etc will not sit on their hands.

    No one will be able to hide an embryonic stem cell success in SCI. If someone walks out of a wheelchair, it will be on the news the same week if not the same day. And Geron stock will fly.
    <insert your own funny and witty words here>

    Greg

  10. #30
    i agree gbusinelle. Info will leak, unless they quarantined the patients.

Similar Threads

  1. Secret Stem Cell Trial held in City
    By Wise Young in forum Cure
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 10:48 AM
  2. Clinical Trials FAQ
    By mk99 in forum Cure
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 09:27 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 04:36 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 10:46 AM
  5. The Tribulations of Clinical Trials
    By giambjj in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 09:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •