Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 seasons in one day

3 seasons in one day

7:00 am snow. It was heavy and concrete like and came down for about an hour, leaving about 2 inches on the ground

noon: nice sunshine and the snow is all gone. It was warming up and drying out. I was sitting on a patio drinking a latte then stopped to watch a dog obedience class taking place in a park in the neighbourhood I will be moving to in August. It doesn't look that sunny in this shot but it was.
    Last edited by orangejello; 06-06-2009 at 05:20 PM.

2 pm: a monsoon like rainstorm blew in. About 2:30 it turned to pea sized hail. Can't wait to see what happens next as I continue to be out and about today running errands.

OJ, that is amazing! I think if it snowed here in June I would loose it completely. On the other hand, since it was gone by noon I guess I could deal with it........ Thanks for sharing. Right now it is about 71 degrees in Boston, my idea of perfect.

PS. A latte makes everything better for me too!

That is so wild.

lol I don't miss Calgary too much right now!

Gosh your weather is as bad as weather in Colorado. I have had a few days like that. Sunny, Wind/vicious sandstorm, then rain with golfball sized hail.

The neighborhood where you are moving looks really nice.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    Gosh your weather is as bad as weather in Colorado. I have had a few days like that. Sunny, Wind/vicious sandstorm, then rain with golfball sized hail.

The neighborhood where you are moving looks really nice.
    The weather system here is very similar to Denver...I think it is a bit more extreme here in terms of how quickly and how much the temperature can suddenly fluctuate. But essentially it is the same effect here and there of the Chinook winds coming over the mountains from the ocean. You never knowing what the weather will be 5 minutes from now lol. Although I am not certain the winds are called "Chinooks" in Colorado. My sister used to live just outside Denver and she said it was as if she never left here...

Thanks about my soon to be new neighbourhood. It is very nice but it is also bit Stepford-ish I have to admit with a very limited variety in housing type and colour scheme. As you can see from the shot, it is perhaps overly ordered. I would have preferred an older neighbourhood with more character and diversity in buildings. But this is a fairly newly designed neighbourhood designed specifically to be pedestrian and bicycle friendly, so will be a great place for me to live. I just bought a condo about a block from the park in the shot.

This reminds me I never emailed you the Jasper pictures. I will do that today.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie-Bug View Post
    lol I don't miss Calgary too much right now!
    Nope you are not missing a thing...it is three degrees outside right now here...on June 6

Eileen, yes it was a bit rough to wake up to snow but the latte helped. There was no repeat this morning, thankfully!

wtf, glad you liked the pictures.