Thread: toilet flusher lever

toilet flusher lever

just wondering if there is an adaptive toilet flusher that extends further out from the toilet tank...my son would prefer to flush on his own as the bowel program is a more dependent part of our day then we would prefer..this would just give him a little more control as he tends to request courtesy flushes more often then normal....thanks
    C5/C6 he has a hard time reaching back to the short side mount flusher...

I have never seen an adaptive handle for this use. It is probably because toilet flush handles come in so many different sizes and shapes. If you can describe your flusher (a photo would be great), we might be able to suggest some adaptation you can make to it. We are a creative bunch and like challenges.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I drilled a hole in the flush handle, attached a piece of twine to it, ran the twine through a couple of pulleys mounted on the baseboard and fixed the other end to the front of the sink that's near the toilet. It's easy to pull on the twine to flush the toilet.
    - Richard

Quote Originally Posted by new dimension View Post
    just wondering if there is an adaptive toilet flusher that extends further out from the toilet tank...my son would prefer to flush on his own as the bowel program is a more dependent part of our day then we would prefer..this would just give him a little more control as he tends to request courtesy flushes more often then normal....thanks
    C5/C6 he has a hard time reaching back to the short side mount flusher...
    Assuming that your son's situation is that he's got one gloved hand and one clean hand and the flush handle is mounted on the opposite side of the free hand, you might consider replacing the tank with one that has the handle mounted on the other side.

I prefer a toilet with a flushometer (with its much more easily accessed handle) rather than a tank because I am constantly courtesy flushing.

toilet lever

basic side mount toilet lever with the foot part facing forward only he can't reach that far back and high at the same time...I thought of the string thing but this bathroom is somewhat the main bathroom so would like it to be a little less obvious...thanks

You may consider using this AutoFlush for tank toilets. It's pretty unobtrusive, and easy to use for someone with some arm movement. You just have to cover the handy, unattached remote for a few seconds, and then move your hand/palm away to flush. It needs batteries, but has worked well for me over many years. You can also install it so the manual flushing still works for everyone else.

Some quick googling: Look up "Enable Toilet Lever" I could not quickly find a non UK dealer but there may be.

Here is one long one:http://www.knobdeco.com/bamboo-toile...e-p-35975.html

Here is another option you could use as a starter idea and add a longer string:http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/sf/h...ey-ring-054327

Also, I used to do courtesy flushes but now leave it all until I can look at the end to gauge how much and what consistency I went. Then I know if I need to make any changes to diet, meds, fluid intake etc. It is a bit embarrassing at first because it is smellier but it is healthier to keep an eye on things.