Thread: Does anybody have a Ricon UNI-LITE lift on their van

Does anybody have a Ricon UNI-LITE lift on their van

and how do you like it? Any particular problems to be aware of? Are they dependable in cold weather? Thanks!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

I have one in my Jeep. It's simple & chain-driven vs. hydraulic. They're reliable lifts & easy to service if need be. No problems in cold weather so far, and mine was purchased used. I have the full service/installation manual in PDF format if you want it.

Thanks Scott, I have a chance to purchase one already on a van so I may get the whole works. If I do, I sure could use a manual.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Right on. See attached PDF.

I had one on my last vehicle, very dependable never got stranded on it.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

I have one too and Scott said it all, and it's cold here. I am getting another one on my next minivan (Sienna).
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Thanks everyone, I like what I'm hearing. Will look at the vehicle later today.

I had one back in the 80's. (I wouldn't have remembered the name but I was recently in a shop that had a Ricon poster that showed all their lifts.)

The lift performed well for me for the many years I used it, plus it is a rather simple design, so if there is a problem, it should be relatively inexpensive to fix.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

i am installing a ricon unilite wheelchait lift in my van but i do not have the installation manual since i bought it used...without the installation instructions and repair/trouble shooting manual. if you have these, please let me know. thank you.

scroll up to post #4.