Thread: Quid pro quo (2007) Paraplegic wannabe movie

Quid pro quo (2007) Paraplegic wannabe movie

Anybody heard anything about this movie? I saw previews for it this mourning on HDNET sneek previews, but was half asleep, but it looked like a real good movie. Its about a Paraplegic reporter played by Nick Stahl who stumble upon an interesting sub culture of people. It looks like a really intense movie. I cant find much info on the movie, I think maybe its just collecting dust in the film room at HDNET and not sure when it will be shown?. Hopefully it will be available soon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414426/
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 11-12-2007 at 07:33 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

ahhh, heres why I'm having trouble finding out more information about the movie, it is still in production and has not yet been released. It looks like a real interesting movie though, it is about a sub culture that Nick Stahl finds (main charactor of the movie) about paraplegic wannabes, lol. When this movie comes out it should stimulate some interesting conversation around here, lol.
    http://www.hdnetfilms.com/quidproquo/index.html
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Just saw the previews. It's about a para and a devo. freakin crazy.

And more.

Worth seeing for the two leads alone, Quid Pro Quo has some pretty insightful things to say about the nature of being "disabled," and it says them with a good deal of humor, style, and understanding. And even if the movie slows down once or twice, you can just sit back and stare at Ms. Farmiga's stunningly beautiful eyes.
    http://www.cinematical.com/2008/01/2...-quid-pro-quo/
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

After reading the summary, I have to admit that I became interested in seeing the movie... Thanks for the tip Curt

Pretty good Summary:
    "A man who can't walk meets a woman who envies his condition in this offbeat black comedy. Isaac Knott (Nick Stahl) lost the use of his legs when he was eight years old in an auto accident that also claimed the lives of his parents. Despite being confined to a wheelchair, Isaac has enjoyed a successful career as the host of a talk show on a New York City public radio outlet. One day, Isaac is told an odd story about a man who arrived at a local hospital and demanded to have his legs amputated; the man was part of a secret subculture of able-bodied folks who wish to be paraplegics, using wheelchairs when they can and attempting to deaden their legs through artificial means. Isaac becomes fascinated with the idea of these "wannabes," and begins studying the phenomenon for a piece on his show. Isaac's research leads him to Fiona (Vera Farmiga), a sexy but mysterious blonde who collects and restores Chinese art. Fiona is also the owner of a wheelchair she doesn't really need, and Isaac, who is increasingly attracted to her, wants to know all about her role in the fake-paraplegic underground. However, Fiona isn't about to give away any of her secrets for free, and Isaac discovers that the exchange of information and trust goes deeper the longer they know one another."
    ...You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you...

I will probably go to see this when it comes out, but with some trepidation and having to fight back the "yuck" factor. I saw a show on these weirdos. One woman intentionally put tourniquets on her legs so they would get gangrenous and have to be amputated. It is fascinating in a turn your stomach sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen
    I will probably go to see this when it comes out, but with some trepidation and having to fight back the "yuck" factor. I saw a show on these weirdos. One woman intentionally put tourniquets on her legs so they would get gangrenous and have to be amputated. It is fascinating in a turn your stomach sort of way.
    Yeah, that's how I feel too.

@ Curt - thanks for the heads-up.

Just got done watching it. Overall, I say it sucked.

I was hoping it would help me better understand wannabes.

I couldn't get into it either ... didn't even get halfway through it.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12