Thread: Anyone Had Experience Using the Hill-Rom or Invacare Special Mattresses

Anyone Had Experience Using the Hill-Rom or Invacare Special Mattresses

Any one here on Care Cure have or had experience with the following mattresses :

Hill-Rom Air-Elite Low Air Loss/Alternating Pressure Mattress

Hill-Rom Air-Elite Low Air Loss / Alternating Pressure Turning Mattress

Invacare Turn-Q Plus Low Air Loss / Alternating Pressure Turning Mattress

If anyone has I'd like to know the good n the bad about each one & if they were or are still reliable for you.

I'm a ventilator user & when I'm on the ventilator I stay on my back all night & don't move. I'm also a diabetic so I'm fearful n concerned of ever developing a pressue sore while lying in one place all night.

We have issued a lot of Turn-Q mattresses over the years, but are now replacing (as they break down) with Triline TurnCair Plus mattresses. The older Turn-Q only turns about 25 degrees, while the TurnCair Plus can turn you up to 40 degrees, and we have had better reliability as well. Have not used the Hill-rom products you mention.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by RAFS View Post
    Any one here on Care Cure have or had experience with the following mattresses :

Hill-Rom Air-Elite Low Air Loss/Alternating Pressure Mattress

Hill-Rom Air-Elite Low Air Loss / Alternating Pressure Turning Mattress

Invacare Turn-Q Plus Low Air Loss / Alternating Pressure Turning Mattress

If anyone has I'd like to know the good n the bad about each one & if they were or are still reliable for you.

I'm a ventilator user & when I'm on the ventilator I stay on my back all night & don't move. I'm also a diabetic so I'm fearful n concerned of ever developing a pressue sore while lying in one place all night.
    I used one for a couple of nites until malfunction caused me to sink to bottom. Now using overlay. I'm returning to regular mattress soon as I recover from surgery. Why do u need Hill Rom? I sleep on my back and rarely turn.Are you prone to skin break down?

Handsome Wheeler, you may get away without turning when you are young, but it will eventually come back and bite you as your skin gets older and less resilient. In addition, turning is important for your lungs (you are not on a vent, I take it????) and for your kidney drainage, and for range of motion.

(KLD)