Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Bump
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

What does bump mean Mac?
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Bump means to kind of bump up the thread or refresh it so its listed as new or is at the top with new threads. Hopefully I kind of explained it
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Got it! Great idea! The more people talk the more interest.... yada yadayada!!!!

Oddly enough and the real reason I asked is because you "bumped" right behind another of my posts in this thread!!!!!

Again I use this everyday when I go out. I'm manual in the house. I've been using it exclusively for almost two years without any problems. It has good range, I've never run out of power in one day. It's small, light, fast, plenty of torque and extremeley manueverable. It has changed my life. I'll never get in a big bulky overbuilt powerchair again. And the option to go manual at anytime, anyplace, independantly is unprecedented and priceless.
    I love the idea/ feature. How heavy is it to put it in and out of a trunk of a car? I am about to order power assist wheels but this is a great option. Weight for transport will be the issue for me.

Does it void the warranty of any of the chairs, ie. Ti, TE, Quickie?
    Every day I wake up is a good one

New name for your ride....

Pat.....the ZX1??? Dude.....sounds so much like an engineer came up with that...not a gimp.

call it the "Go-Buddy". Its definitely a wheeler's best buddy for getting around town without the cost of a powerchair. T 75 lbs, it weighs as much as my Quickie 2 w/Xtender wheels.

Very groovy design and concept. The beach ride would be the cat's ass!!!!!!

Go Pat! I really hope this gets to the market soon.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    I love the idea/ feature. How heavy is it to put it in and out of a trunk of a car? I am about to order power assist wheels but this is a great option. Weight for transport will be the issue for me.
    It's just under 75lbs. I've been planning on doing a video of someone loading it in a trunk, I'll post one soon.

Does it void the warranty of any of the chairs, ie. Ti, TE, Quickie?
    I don't know. TiLite offers a reinforced frame option for use with power assist wheels, but this is completely different. I can tell you that noone would know that you are using it on their chair unless you tell them.
    However I've been using it on my unreinforced ZR for almost two years without any issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    Pat.....the ZX1??? Dude.....sounds so much like an engineer came up with that...not a gimp.

call it the "Go-Buddy".
    I suggested "Gimp-Go" but Pat rightly shot it down as being not very "PC".

Then again Pat, if the lack of political correctness created a controversy....