Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    I'll never get in a big bulky overbuilt powerchair again.
    Not even one of these?

Thanks Pat for the update. I sent you an e-mail.

Excellent video and a very appropriate song to accompany it! Thanks for sharing Pat.

For lack of a better name, I'm calling it the ZX1. I'm pricing it at $5000.00 for now. Once I find out how much it will cost to have the frames made in quantity that price may go up or down.

I believe emotions are around $7,500.00.

My main focus right now is finding the right investor(s) and/or partner(s) to bring it to market. I just don't have the funds or time at this time to do it properly myself. If anyone is seriously interested in one, I could probably be persuaded to make more.

I've been told that VA and private insurance will pay for these. I just have to put together an order form.

Again I use this everyday when I go out. I'm manual in the house. I've been using it exclusively for almost two years without any problems. It has good range, I've never run out of power in one day. It's small, light, fast, plenty of torque and extremeley manueverable. It has changed my life. I'll never get in a big bulky overbuilt powerchair again. And the option to go manual at anytime, anyplace, independantly is unprecedented and priceless.
    Pat,

I can't tell you how delighted I am to read you are moving forward with this. IMHO, it is "best in it's class" hands down.

To extend the mobility and independence your device gives, may I suggest you revisit the central location of that under-seat wheel. I am thinking two, separate similar wheels spaced to the sides more, would allow for an EZ-Lock type bracket to be mounted.

That would allow those of us who drive from our big, bulky, overbuilt chairs, to do so in our manuals with your invention attached.

Again, great job/device!

edit
    (p.s. After watching the video again, perhaps the ground to bottom of device clearance would preclude the ability to mount tie down bracket?0
    Last edited by CowboyCrip; 11-29-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Hey CowboyCrip, Thanks for the compliments and I appreciate your input but an EZ-Lock will work the way it is. There's a member here who is C5 that has a ZX1 and drives his van with it locked into an EZ-Lock. Maybe he will chime in. Below is a photo of the ZX1 with EZ-Lock bracket.

You just have to raise the front wheel(see video above just before i jump the curb) to clear the EZ-Lock and then lower it back down once you are locked in.

Hey CowboyCrip, Thanks for the compliments and I appreciate your input but an EZ-Lock will work the way it is. There's a member here who is C5 that has a ZX1 and drives his van with it locked into an EZ-Lock. Maybe he will chime in. Below is a photo of the ZX1 with EZ-Lock bracket.

You just have to raise the front wheel(see video above just before i jump the curb) to clear the EZ-Lock and then lower it back down once you are locked in.
    yea I met him at project walk, great guy... sweet power add-on
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I’m currently using the ZX1 with an EZ-lock set-up in conjunction with my new Ti-lite TR / Ride Designs set-up.

Regarding the EZ-lock: Since I already had the van set up to drive using my previous (power) chair, being able to incorporate the ZX1 with EZ-lock into my new system was really the clincher. Pat figured out the bracketing and bolt mount. Then, I just repositioned the base unit and devised an anti-tip bracket that clips over the footrest tube. It’s a very secure set-up.

My initial review of the ZX1 can be found here.
    Know Thyself

Hey Pat..... Tell me more about how I can get one with no out of pocket expense!!!!!
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!