Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 105051525354555657585960

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

My guess is it's fried. Our charger is noisy while charging and our lights work well with the orange light switching to green at full charge.

I can find an MK charger but only 24V 5 Amp or 24V 2 Amp. Would either of these also work?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I found the same charger slightly used and hope to have it in the next days. I feel so stupid for having done this after all the work of getting the ZX-1 .

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    I can find an MK charger but only 24V 5 Amp or 24V 2 Amp. Would either of these also work?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

How did you fry it exactly?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I did not realize that it did not automatically switch between 110V and 230V. When I plugged it in there was a bang and the smell of burning plastic. Luckily, the ZX-1 appears to be okay.

There is a transparent plastic cover on the switch that is needed to manually change the voltage. I misplaced the charger instructions, so I did not read them until it was too late, I just thought they were missing.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    How did you fry it exactly?

I just realized that the used charger I found has a different company name on it, but it appears to be the same specifications and looks just like the MK LS 24/4 that has Model: 4C24040 printed on the side.

Here are what the specs say:
    PIHSIANG 4C24040.
    24VDC/4A 50/60Hz 100-240VAC.

I would want to be sure it's for lead acid and not Lithium, otherwise should be good. Or maybe it's that Lithium chargers can be used on SLA but not the other way.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.