Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

That's too cool! I'll take the old one off your hands for you...
    (lal)

There's a video of me doing a little off-roading in Prototype 1 here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BeachMobility

Still looking for names, Pat? The first thing that came to mind is the "Spartan" because it looks something like a chariot.
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

I just found this thread. The videos no longer work. What happened? Is this device still in the works? I am a L1 para and a guitar player. I am experiencing carpal tunnel problems in my wrists form pushing my chair al the time.I'm like everyone else. I do not want to abandon my ligtweight rigid manual chair for a 300 pound electric but I havre got to get my arms some help. Have you done anymore on this product and is there a link to a current video showing it in action?
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

He may have taken the videos down to protect the design of his add on. IDK if Pat has been able to patent his design yet and it sure would be a shame to have someone steal this wonderful invention out from under him (no pun intended).
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    I just found this thread. The videos no longer work. What happened? Is this device still in the works? I am a L1 para and a guitar player. I am experiencing carpal tunnel problems in my wrists form pushing my chair al the time.I'm like everyone else. I do not want to abandon my ligtweight rigid manual chair for a 300 pound electric but I havre got to get my arms some help. Have you done anymore on this product and is there a link to a current video showing it in action?
    Hi Grange, I'm still looking for a manufacturer, partner, or licensee. In the meantime however I agreed to build one for another member here so I've decide to go into limited production. I'm currently building three, one is spoken for. I read your post in the zinger thread and feel this would be perfect for what you are looking for. I've been using one everyday for over a year now and it's awesome. I haven't nailed down a final price yet but I expect it to be in the $3000 to $4000 range. It just depends on how much labor is involved.

Anyone here interested in one can contact me through the website in my signature. I plan on making a video of the new design soon. Email me (pat@beachmobility.com) for a link to the previous videos.
    Last edited by pattherat; 04-08-2010 at 11:18 PM.

Fantastic invention Pat! Independent attachment and detachment for even a Quad. I look forward to its further development and success.

I'd buy one.

Could you reupload the youtube movie of the power addon? It seems to be deleted

Im attending Project Walk in Cali... I believe I saw your buddy demonstrate how it works. Awesome.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09