Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Oops, I just found the battery charger instructions. There appears to be a manual select between 100-120 Vac or 200-24 Vac. I was able to switch it, but still the LED's are not on. Any ideas?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Wait until the people in Europe and for that matter, folks everywhere, get a good look at this baby. There will be a train of wheelchairs following you around.

Congratulations on everything coming together.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

It was only a few drops of acid on one of them. If you look at the picture of the box you can see where the box was a little wet. Being my usually not thinking self, of course I touched it, and indeed it was acid. I've wiped it off now, and there does not seem to be any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    You will want to replace the leaky battery. Battery acid eats most things it touches.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Thanks forestranger52. Yes, I do think we will have a train of people following us once they see this.

I was really relieved that we go no hassles importing it without the CE label (like FDA label).

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    Wait until the people in Europe and for that matter, folks everywhere, get a good look at this baby. There will be a train of wheelchairs following you around.

Congratulations on everything coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    It was only a few drops of acid on one of them. If you look at the picture of the box you can see where the box was a little wet. Being my usually not thinking self, of course I touched it, and indeed it was acid. I've wiped it off now, and there does not seem to be any damage.
    Depressurization, pressurization may have caused the leak, nevertheless I've learned the hard way that unless you wash anything like clothing that has had it transferred to, to expect a hole.

BTW, I didn't say it earlier, but your pictures looked like Christmas. Congratulations on getting everything.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

The lights on your charger should be on. The red light plus the orange light which turns green when charged.

elarson, any chance the parts you are showing are for charging your spare batteries? We received nothing like that. Did you try charging while motors were in freewheel maybe causing the bang. Our charger is noisy, hopefully yours is too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    My ZX1 has been sitting here idle since I got it, at first it was a bent frog leg [changed it]. Then spinergy rush shipped me a wider aluminum tube that holds the 2 anti tip wheels together. Got that changed but the anti tip wheels still didn't touch my vertical posts even after moving the whole anti tip assembly forward.
    I still have my emotion M15s on, spinergy told me to swap out the M15s w/ my new LX wheels. I can't go up or down the ramp because the zx1 wheels keep spinning so I'm going to swap the wheels tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.
    Also my zx1 doesn't raise my M15s off the ground maybe because the chair + me in it + M15s (50 lbs) is too heavy.
    Another thing I noticed is that my zx1 rocks forward and back when I push forward on joystick and stop - That is caused because my anti tip wheels are not touching the vertical post.
    Spinergy told me that they'll send someone to the chicago abilities expo to correct my problem, they have been really helpful in trying to correct my problem so far.
    We'll see tomorrow after I swap my wheels and if that doesn't work then expo it is
    The manual has pretty good instructions for making adjustments to get anti-tippers against backposts. When you get correct wheels on chair I think you woill find you can climb right up any ramp.

elarson, Pat the Rat did say that when wheels are in highest position Zx-1 will only go 40% speed. The lower big chair wheels are to ground, the faster you go. I wonder if your charger is working post bang. Our charger is noisy when working and both lights are on, orange light goes green post charge. Any chance you have a different charger for European use?

The charger is making no noise, and there are no lights. We ordered the ZX-1 from the US, and it is the same charger that I have seen reference to from Pat: MK Model: LS 24/4

I don't mind buying a new charger if I fried it, but I'm not very good at knowing how to do it. I need to go on a business trip on Monday, and could order something tomorrow to get here quickly.

Even at the highest speed it was at snail speed. I thought this was maybe because the battery was not charged.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    elarson, Pat the Rat did say that when wheels are in highest position Zx-1 will only go 40% speed. The lower big chair wheels are to ground, the faster you go. I wonder if your charger is working post bang. Our charger is noisy when working and both lights are on, orange light goes green post charge. Any chance you have a different charger for European use?