Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657585960 LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    Spinergy needs to have another look at their packaging and/or consider changing to another fork stem or even fork since they decided to replace the polymer with a solid piece of aluminum anyway.
    Without the elastomer, there really is no point in using something that costs 2-3 times more than standard bearing forks. The swivel radius would also be tighter.

At some point Froglegs switched to a hollow shaft which is what that is and is fine under normal use but could have easily been bent if it was dropped from a height with 75lbs behind it. Spinergy needs to have another look at their packaging and/or consider changing to another fork stem or even fork since they decided to replace the polymer with a solid piece of aluminum anyway.
    The hollow shaft is good news, since it may have taken all the damage. Time and further examination will tell that tale. Removing the polymer from a Froglegs is interesting marketing.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    I wonder when that sticker was applied, before or after dropping the box... Any bets?
    We have the same sticker on our box, the overall weight I believe for box and ZX-1 is 103 or 104 lbs.

I don't think a smartphone gps app is very accurate at measuring such a slow speed for short distances.

The actual theoretical speed is:

Tire circumference = 10 * 3.14 = 31.4 inches
    or 2.62 feet
    Motors turn 4600 RPM gear ratio is 21
    So RPMs at axle is 219
    Axle RPM * Wheel Circumference = Feet per minute
    So 219 * 2.62 = 573.78 fpm
    573.78 * 60 = 34426.8 fph
    34426.8 / 5280 = 6.52 mph

I think if you account for user weight road drag and air resistance it would still be closer to 6 than 5.

I'm gonna try with my Garmin GPS see what that says, i'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    We have the same sticker on our box, the overall weight I believe for box and ZX-1 is 103 or 104 lbs.
    it was actually 95 LBS
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Do you know why they got rid of the polymer/elastomer? Isn't suspension the whole point in the Frog Legs, and without that it does not make sense?

At some point Froglegs switched to a hollow shaft which is what that is and is fine under normal use but could have easily been bent if it was dropped from a height with 75lbs behind it. Spinergy needs to have another look at their packaging and/or consider changing to another fork stem or even fork since they decided to replace the polymer with a solid piece of aluminum anyway.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Oops, just read this after I had already replied.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Without the elastomer, there really is no point in using something that costs 2-3 times more than standard bearing forks. The swivel radius would also be tighter.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Also, can the elastomer be reinstalled?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I concur. I didn't notice that they replaced the elastomer. That makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Also, can the elastomer be reinstalled?
    I don't see why not.

What's an elastometer? sorry noob here
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09