Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    How wide is your wifes chair? And, so does that mean at the width of your wifes chair anti tippers and armrests cannot be used at all to accommodate the zx1?
    My wife's chair is 16" wide. We definitely had to remove the anti-tipper bases as they are mounted inside the clamps on camber bar, the bases for the anti tippers rubbed on drive tires of ZX-1 until removed. I don't think we necessarily had to remove recepticals for swing around arms as there is a way to adjust position of ZX-1 arms on the ZX-1 but we chose just to remove the receptical as my wife never uses those arms. The clamshell jaws that grab the camber bar are 9" across so you have to have that much clear space in the center of the camber bar. My wife uses a TiLite Aero Z, I use a Top end T6, 18" wide and will be trying the ZX-1 on this as soon as I can get the device away from my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    My wife's chair is 16" wide. We definitely had to remove the anti-tipper bases as they are mounted inside the clamps on camber bar, the bases for the anti tippers rubbed on drive tires of ZX-1 until removed. I don't think we necessarily had to remove recepticals for swing around arms as there is a way to adjust position of ZX-1 arms on the ZX-1 but we chose just to remove the receptical as my wife never uses those arms. The clamshell jaws that grab the camber bar are 9" across so you have to have that much clear space in the center of the camber bar. My wife uses a TiLite Aero Z, I use a Top end T6, 18" wide and will be trying the ZX-1 on this as soon as I can get the device away from my wife.
    Is it possible for you switch sides(Left anti-tip bracket on right side), flip them upside down and mount them above the camber tube? If so you may just need a longer lower tube.
    Glad to hear your wife is enjoying her ZX-1!

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Pat, Looking forward to the pic's. Unfortunately, Spinlife ban international IP's so I can't see a picture. I find it quite frustrating, because I often buy equipment in the US for forwarding. Needless to say, we will never buy from Spinlife with that kind of attitude, so I will be interested to see what you came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    Is it possible for you switch sides(Left anti-tip bracket on right side), flip them upside down and mount them above the camber tube? If so you may just need a longer lower tube.
    Glad to hear your wife is enjoying her ZX-1!
    I bet the anti tippers would work that way. Terrific invention, you are making life easier and more fun for folks.

The Silver Star Power Tote Mini seems to be the smallest hitch lift on the market: http://mobilityexpress.com/Pride-Sil...e-Mini_239.htm
    I'm not endorsing the above website, it just has good photos.

I'm sure there are many other platform type hitch lifts that would also work.

Here is the Power Tote with a custom platform I made specifically for the ZX1:

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    People who require powerchairs use the same type of lifts to enhance their mobility also.
    I know one guy in a manual chair who carries a powerchair stashed on the back of his vehicle when he needs to cover a lot of ground. Not quite a power-add on but a power-climb on.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 06-08-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

It looks like it's bent right by the screw that holds the caster, UPS might have dropped the box. MOTHERF&*ERS

C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Man, the caster wheel or the bracket had to hit damn hard to bend that. If it was straight the caster wheel would not hit the motor and would definately shorten the rotation. Sucks.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 06-08-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    Man, the caster wheel or the bracket had to hit damn hard to bend that. If it was straight the caster wheel would not hit the motor and would definately shorten the rotation. Sucks.
    x2. I've had some hard hits on casters on my chairs and have never bent a stem.

If it was UPS, the box would've been damaged pretty significantly to do that. Was it?

It looked bent last night. Those are half inch shafts. There could be more damage. You were wise to document this way.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.