Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Pat, Looking forward to the pic's. Unfortunately, Spinlife ban international IP's so I can't see a picture. I find it quite frustrating, because I often buy equipment in the US for forwarding. Needless to say, we will never buy from Spinlife with that kind of attitude, so I will be interested to see what you came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    You could get a small hitch lift like this Power Tote: http://www.spinlife.com/Pride-Power-...9#.UbJezxbWbnk

I've made special platforms for it just to fit the ZX1. I think the whole thing weighs just 45 lbs.
    I personally use a small custom cargo carrier that I built that manually tilts down and I drive the ZX1 on it.
    I'll post pics of them both tomorrow.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Pat, Looking forward to the pic's. Unfortunately, Spinlife ban international IP's so I can't see a picture. I find it quite frustrating, because I often buy equipment in the US for forwarding. Needless to say, we will never buy from Spinlife with that kind of attitude, so I will be interested to see what you came up with.
    Surf with http://www.hidemyass.com/
    you're welcome
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I agree with all of the other replies (SCI_OTR, lynnifer, Lin, grommet, etc.).

I think I speak for many who have been looking for powerchair replacements (for valid reasons). We traded in a very expensive power chair that kept my husband house bound, and are really looking forward to receiving a ZX1, and have been waiting for it for a long time.

We are looking to share useful on topic experience and knowledge, and have no interest about agreeing or not about opinions. Hope we can keep this thread on topic and friendly...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sullivan View Post
    Then the Admin can delete it, you do not want my opinion....Y'all just want an opinion you can agree with. So be it.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I thought Bob's comment was uncalled for especially when the ZX is marketed on their website as an on the fly manual to power chair conversion. It just happens be much smaller than the permanent type.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Thanks Mac85. I knew there was something like this, but forgot what. The problem I have is needing to have my IP shown to get through some firewalls for customers with VPN. Is it easy to turn off?

[Edit]Here is the cat calling the kettle black about being off-topic. Sorry about that guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    Surf with http://www.hidemyass.com/
    you're welcome
    Last edited by elarson; 06-07-2013 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Being off-topic edit

The CAT? lol. Was that a typo of some sort? If not, never heard that one. Just familiar with pot and kettle.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

We received our Zx-1 tonight. My wife uses an Aero Z and had anti tip receivers and recepticals for rotating armrests, we had to remove both. The anti tip receivers brushed against the drive wheels, the armrests in the recepticals made contact with the rear of the 24" wheels. Once removed, my wife could back up to the clamshell and the clamshell grabbed the camber bar firmly as advertised. Our rear anti tip wheel just misses the motors - not by much. The Zx-1 seems way faster than 3.2 mph. It pivots in a very small footrprint. We backed up onto our Braun Trifold Lift on our full sized Ford van - plenty of room for the Zx-1. We tried to jump the 2" apron at the front of our garage, the front casters smacked the apron and stopped, we felt that we had not mastered the learning curve, my better half refused to approach at full speed - next step we clamped on Freewheel and the Zx-1 went right on into garage with no problem. I think the Freewheel plus Zx-1 makes a very versatile combination, per Patrick Madsen.

We think Pat the Rat is a genius, we trialed the SmartDrive which is amazing but the Zx-1 is a great accomodation for my wife, a post polio para/quad for about 64 years with failing shoulders. We will continue to review our experience.

How wide is your wifes chair? And, so does that mean at the width of your wifes chair anti tippers and armrests cannot be used at all to accommodate the zx1?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Thanks Ancient, glad to hear the ZX and Freewheel combo worked for you. Pretty amazing stuff coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    Back to the topic, Spinergy called me today and they offered to ship me a new anti tip something - I was half asleep so I can't remember what it was. They offered me a overnight shipping which was very impressive but I told them that Monday is fine Since I don't want the UPS guy waking me up in the morning

Ha, ha....I like your attitude.

My new zx1 arrived late yesterday afternoon and I gave it a good workout. Found it to be FAST, but maybe that's because of my weight of 118 lb. For now, I would not plan to speed it up with that stealth device that's been discussed.
    Last edited by triumph; 06-08-2013 at 08:37 AM.