Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

I trust Pat will make it right if anything is amiss. Have you tried it yet Mac? There is a small learning curve on backing in and making sure it is not too far to the left or right.

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    We have a ZX-1 that is making it's journey over now.
    Right on! I hope it arrives quickly and safely!

Did Spinergy contact you to inform you that the ZX-1 had shipped?

It was bought through Sportaid and should arrive there any day for forwarding on. it took me a bit of time to make an international wire transfer, which I did today, so I have not pushed for shipping information.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Right on! I hope it arrives quickly and safely!

Did Spinergy contact you to inform you that the ZX-1 had shipped?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I trust Pat will make it right if anything is amiss. Have you tried it yet Mac? There is a small learning curve on backing in and making sure it is not too far to the left or right.
    Took 3 more pics, seems straight to me... I'm shining a really bright light at it so pics aren't that clear. I'll have the floor washed tomorrow

C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Looks just as crooked as it did before.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Looks just as crooked as it did before.
    maybe because the picture is taken from the right angle?
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Sometimes you can see things in photos that don't show to the naked eye, and sometimes photos distort the truth.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

The explanation may be is (if there's one to have), as this caster is an Anti-tip wheel, it doesn't have to turn on 360°.
    When you're tipping back,… you're going forward ! So it's not an issue if this caster can't turn completely…
    But anyway, it's not a very nice setting, and for a big and reliable company like Spinergy, seeing this kind of mistake is annoying.
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Get a Power chair, if you get one that is comfortable, you will wonder why you ever did anything else. You can carry your own meals to the table. You can do almost everything you want without making a spectical of yourself. They are far less hassle, and you won't be exhausted with sore shoulders before you get where you are going.

Do yourself a favor, enter the 21st century.

I implore other CareCure members to exercise "thread discipline" with respect to that last post. This thread has existed for years and it is the best example of an "on topic" thread I've seen. It would be a shame to see it derailed.