Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!
    I have waited for over a year and a half for this toy and it finally arrived today, I am so happy and can't wait to try it. The pictures aren't the best but you kind of have an idea of what it looks like

VROOOM VROOOM
    Last edited by Mac85; 06-05-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

awesome bigmac
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Fantastic! My powered chair is fun but that is entirely on the advanced lvl.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    When I get my manual chair I will definately need some help but I am priced out of this market. Maybe after some time there may be used ones for sale like the Permobil's on ebay for 5 grand.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Awesome, Mac85.

I see the powered wheels are cambered but are they also set in a toe-out angle?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Awesome, Mac85.

I see the powered wheels are cambered but are they also set in a toe-out angle?
    no idea

The only problem I have is when backing up the anti-tip wheel hits the motors

I think the anti-tip wheel is too big or are there any options to extend the range?

That would be a serious flaw.

Contact them immediately, Mac.

I hope this isn't happening with all of them. That isn't just a little brush with the motor, it's actually hitting enough to stop it from swiveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    The only problem I have is when backing up the anti-tip wheel hits the motors

I think the anti-tip wheel is too big or are there any options to extend the range?
    It looks crooked. Is the frogleg caster shaft, I'm talking about the whole thing wrenched down tight enough in the ZX1?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    That would be a serious flaw.

Contact them immediately, Mac.

I hope this isn't happening with all of them. That isn't just a little brush with the motor, it's actually hitting enough to stop it from swiveling.
    I contacted Spinergy today via e-mail and sent them this picture

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    It looks crooked. Is the frogleg caster shaft, I'm talking about the whole thing wrenched down tight enough in the ZX1?
    Yes it is as tight as it can be.
    I am not worried I talked to Larry one of the first ZX1 owners and he said that he had the same problem when his first arrived, so he told Pat and Pat sent him some kind of an "extension tubing" - not sure if I'm quoting right.