Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Maybe those were pre-powder coated photos of the ZX1. Wishful thinking?

Those few parts will need some black to match. I'll have it done myself if they aren't already matched in black. I won't be disappointed if it shows up in bare metal though. The functionality of the ZX1 is what is most important to me.

Technically speaking, no, on anodizing steel. Here is a link with some options Black Finish for Stainless Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Interesting. Not being a metallurgist I would have thought painting would protect it. Can you anodize steel or only aluminum?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Jimbo at Sportaid was kind enough to send me the manual for the ZX1. I thought others might be interested too. It's 45 pages, so I put it on our website: ZX-1_Book_1 Rev 4 Final Version.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Jimbo at Sportaid was kind enough to send me the manual for the ZX1. I thought others might be interested too. It's 45 pages, so I put it on our website: ZX-1_Book_1 Rev 4 Final Version.
    Thank you for posting the manual. After reading it, I do not feel inclined to get the ZX-1. Operating speed 3.2mph (250lb rider), is too slow for me. The weight of the unit is high. The parts and finish didn't look professional, more like it had been fabricated in a shop. That's fine except when I think corporate I think corporate quality controls. These are just my ideas and impressions. The SmartDrive still looks like the way to go for me.

I'm sure mine goes more than 3.2 mph. It sure nice to have a few options now re smartdrive or other new equipment. I agree, for the cost of it, it could be a little more better looking, but my old one has never faltered yet.

One thing that I see needing a change in is if the ZX-1 quits while the person is using it, there's no way to unhinge the clamshell unless a person can get to it and unbolt it. I'm thinking on putting a cotter pin there so it's just a matter of yanking out the pin. I keep forgetting to do it.

I use mine daily to go to my shop and back and getting around the yard. Works great.

Somewhere else I saw 70 amps and 320 watt motor(s). It may be limited to 3.2 mph by design, but if those specs are correct, it has plenty of power.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I'm sure mine goes more than 3.2 mph. It sure nice to have a few options now re smartdrive or other new equipment. I agree, for the cost of it, it could be a little more better looking, but my old one has never faltered yet.

One thing that I see needing a change in is if the ZX-1 quits while the person is using it, there's no way to unhinge the clamshell unless a person can get to it and unbolt it. I'm thinking on putting a cotter pin there so it's just a matter of yanking out the pin. I keep forgetting to do it.

I use mine daily to go to my shop and back and getting around the yard. Works great.
    Thanks elarson for manual

Pat, a friend of mine who trialed a ZX-1 said he once ran out of power and ZX-1 woiuld not move but he still was able to change mode and operate clamshell to get free of ZX-1. Thanks for the info you gave, ours will ship tomorrow.

The plug came out of the socket in the back on mine. I didn't push it in far enough. Nothing would move lol. My wife was around the corner and came to my rescue.

Congrats on the ZX. Really looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    The parts and finish didn't look professional, more like it had been fabricated in a shop.
    That's my impression as well, though I'd rather just say "it doesn't look finished."

There are an increasing number of days that something like this would really be useful.

Ah, life.

Its a shame how the price sky rocketed, but the device itself seems to have gone downhill in appearance.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.