Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I think they said between 7 an 8 grand Grommet.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I just checked the Sportaid website and couldn't find it.

Please tell me what the price was for the one you ordered, thanks.

Try calling Sportaid; saw that Spinergy will post zx1 website location soon.

Shame the cost is so high, I would have thought that Spinergy could afford to sell it for much cheaper than Pat with mass production. Hopefully the increase is a reflection on the length of time and difficulty to go through the FDA hoops, and it will go down in coming years.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    $7,995.00 or around $2,995.00 more w/Spinergy.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

costs went up... maybe not to make, but now Spinergy has license fees to Pat, & cuts for their dealers... Sportaid and other vendors traditionally offer discounts off MSRP, so I won't be surprised if street price is less than $8k.

The MSRP is in the order form I posted.

Like others have said, possibly it will come down over time. Probably all of us talking about our need for this has also led Spinergy to know that they certainly have early adopters willing to pay (captive market/demand). I know we are in that situation.

Hopefully, once it goes mainstream, and there are more competitors, prices will begin to fall a bit. Regardless, we will be so happy to get a ZX1, because I really believe the quality of life improvement will account for every cent.

Between the ZX1, the SmartDrive, and overall advances in battery technology, I believe the market is really changing.

If you are not in a desperate situation like we are (going to loose funding soon), I would hold off and see what happens. Early adopters bleeding edge is not always good.

I think you will hear from all of us if/when we get one;-). Still holding my breath a bit on that after the last years.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Pat, could you say how much it cost?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Sure beats a 30K powerchair weighing hundreds of pounds lol. Considering what those power wheels with their limitations and weight cost, the ZX isn't that far out of line. Spinergy is like any other company; they'll gouge us for whatever they can get.

If power is something you need yet reluctant to give up the luxury of a lightweight manual; the ZX is, imo, the way to go. I can't say enough about the ease and simplicity of mine. It is so powerful going over grass or loose gravel. When adding a Freewheel to mine, it has nver been stuck, even in shallow loose snow.

The one thing about the ZX-1 though is that it weighs too much for me to be able to lift into the trunk of my car ... isn't it 70lbs?

The Smart Drive is 11lbs.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Around that Jen.

So for a person who breaks down their chair like I do ... unreasonable to take to the mall or any place where I expect to wheel some distance.

Darn.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12