Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth422 View Post
    Is here any word on the ZX1?
    it's been awfully quiet
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I know .. can't wait to challenge my insurance over this and hoping it works in snow!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

How is the FDA approval coming along?

Will this ever come on the market??? I wish they would at least post specifications and if possible keep us appraised of the status.

Some of us have time deadlines for purchasing equipment, and it would be a shame if lack of communication from Spinergy were to affect sales.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Will this ever come on the market??? I wish they would at least post specifications and if possible keep us appraised of the status.

Some of us have time deadlines for purchasing equipment, and it would be a shame if lack of communication from Spinergy were to affect sales.

Hate to say it E; but I see Spinergy hasn't changed their communication skills. I bought one of their first wheels they brought out for a wheelchair. I had serious problems with it and they promised they would take care of it. They never did and I finally gave up on them. Like other companies we can both name, they really don't give a rip about the consumer.

As much as I like their wheels, and I've bought at least 5 sets that I can think of, I doubt I'll reccomend them to any of the newbies or buy another set just because of their customer service.

Still waiting FDA approval???

I agree that the consumer should be kept somewhat in the link as to know what is happening considering various deadlines and just absolute decency. I believe they have changed their design a little so the new specifications would be handy considering people are buying wheelchairs based around implementing one of these products. I see Pat the Rat the original design has answered a couple of questions on this forum recently regarding information I am suspecting we were not supposed to know, but even he who appears to be working with Spinergy could give us more information and has gone mysteriously quiet. We are not asking for the world just give us a drip feed. The device risks being overtaken by newer designs ever developing therefore business may suffer.

Journo

We've been trying to get approval for a new chair and power add-on the last 6 months. I've been told we are approved, but am waiting for the final paperwork. Once we have the paperwork, we will be required to purchase within 3 months.

I wish they would at least let us know specifications so that I can get the wheelchair spec'd correctly for it soon.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    I wish they would at least let us know specifications so that I can get the wheelchair spec'd correctly for it soon.
    The design is the same with the exception of additional anti-tilt mechanisms, cambered drive wheels for added stability and a stainless steel frame.
    It can be used with any ultralight rigid framed chair with a solid camber tube that is 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" in diameter.
    Minimum chair width is 15" although it really depends on the actual length of the camber tube and the amount of camber. So a 14" chair with 4 degrees of camber will likely fit.

When Spinergy gets a letter back from the FDA giving it clearance to market it here in the U.S., I'm sure they will anounce it immediately.

I've been trying to resist posting an expected release date so as not to dissapoint but my best guess is between 30 to 40 days from now.

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    The design is the same with the exception of additional anti-tilt mechanisms, cambered drive wheels for added stability and a stainless steel frame.
    It can be used with any ultralight rigid framed chair with a solid camber tube that is 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" in diameter.
    Minimum chair width is 15" although it really depends on the actual length of the camber tube and the amount of camber. So a 14" chair with 4 degrees of camber will likely fit.

When Spinergy gets a letter back from the FDA giving it clearance to market it here in the U.S., I'm sure they will anounce it immediately.

I've been trying to resist posting an expected release date so as not to dissapoint but my best guess is between 30 to 40 days from now.
    Do you know if it will make any of the Abilities Expo's? I'm going to San Jose in November.

Thanks for the info, Pat!