Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Any idea when they will be in production Patrick?
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

I drive a full size Ford van and on occasion I'm a passenger sitting in my chair with tiedowns.
    Does anyone know if there would be any issues with tiedown use with the ZX on the wheelchair?

Quote Originally Posted by Louie0611 View Post
    Any idea when they will be in production Patrick?
    If you read posts 272, you might find out
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    I drive a full size Ford van and on occasion I'm a passenger sitting in my chair with tiedowns.
    Does anyone know if there would be any issues with tiedown use with the ZX on the wheelchair?
    I don't think you would have any problems with tie downs, it all depends where you tie down the chair
    There is a member here braswelf5 that drives from the zx1
    here is the thread
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=160659
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

[correction: I just found the contact information in post #265]

I've seen a few posts about signing up for a waiting list but have not heard how to do that. We live in Europe (Holland), and would love to be early adopters (220v).

At least for the time being, many European countries will still fund power wheelchairs, so I hope they will fund this also. It might be a good early market before Invacare takes over;-)
    Last edited by elarson; 05-18-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: correction
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I wrote Pat regarding tire choices. He is busy getting it thru testing. Has been pretty frustrating doing that I would imagine. He's hoping for early summer. That's up to the FDA or whomever does the testing and Spinergy.

lol elarson, It surley would be a nightmare if Invacare got their hands on it. It'd be shelved so quick we'd never hear about it again.

I'm really sorry it's not out already. It's the perfect alternative to a pc.

@pattherat -- Is thre any news about getting the ZX1 work to work with the Icon?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Pat's ZX1 is featured in New Mobility Magazine for June. Fantastic invention, hope it makes him a bunch of money.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Any update on the availability of the ZX1?

Any update on the availability of the ZX1? It would be nice to know when it might be available, spec's, costs, etc.

I've e-mailed Ryan Webb at spinergy also, but he never answered my first e-mail. Maybe somewhere here has an update?

Is here any word on the ZX1?