Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Woot, i'm glad i'm on the waiting list
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Thank you for that shakey!

I'd definitely like to have one before next winter .. depending on whether it can handle wet/cold weather.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thanks for the update, shakey! Some time ago I emailed Ryan about my interest. I just hope I live long enough to get one. I'm still independent after a major setback two years ago, but get so fatigued wheeling outdoors - such as from a parking lot to a store or restaurant. It's difficult to transfer to my power chair for such outings, so I often leave it home. The power add-on would be perfect for me. I'll be 70 tomorrow and hope I can get one soon!
    Good wishes for the new year 2012 to all of you on CareCure!

Has anyone received an update on the progress of the ZX1? It's been quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    yes it has
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I emailed Pat recently on mine; he said they were delayed due to testing and approval. hopefully by Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Got this email from Pat Tallino at Beach Mobility on February 15th:

" ... Cost is yet to be determined and will be set by Spinergy..."

So it seems like something is happening and we have to wait for Spinergy to say something. The ZX-1 seems like the perfect solution for me (except the cost, but I'll find a way). He says he's talking to Jeff Adams about making it work with the Icon but it hasn't happened yet.

I have zero idea how I'll get the money especially since I'm paying out of pocket for my Icon but if the ZX-1 works as I've seen in the videos it would be worth just about anything to me. To be able to switch out from manual to power like that, wow. If anyone hears some news or has a friend at Spinergy who can tell us more, speak up :-)

Ok, thanks Patrick and grommet. I was worried that I'd have to build an ugly ass version of my own. I'll just have to patient.

Has anyone heard anymore from spinergy about a release date yet? I'm on the waiting list also and wondering how much longer the wait might be?
    "The impossible is just that which hasn't been done yet.Impossible is nothing"

Does anyone know if Spinergy has "bean counters" on the payroll? When it comes to adaptive equipment, there have countless instances in which big companies purchased designs from inventors/independents/small businesses. I've never once seen it turn out to be a good thing for the consumer. I would be surprised if the highly-regarded ZX-1 ISN'T compromised in the transition process. Time and time again, profit margins always seem trump good intentions. Let's keep our fingers crossed.