Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Well, Sam you've spoken now/ Like most of us, we were first a llttle leary of oversteppin' the boundries. But, there are no boundries here, that's what make the site so great.

There has been discussion about various battery technologies in this thread, I am just wondering what sort of range the ZX1 has with its present setup?

Cheers

I should have said wheelie up. I have a ZX1 and I drive with it but under acceleration I wheelie up until my tilite flip up anti tippers hit and stop it. Still it bothers me. I came up with this bracket. I may still put a hook on the end of it. I cannot use a ez lock because with the truck because I back in then pull forward up to the steering wheel.
    Its the first pic.
    http://gallery.me.com/braswellf5#100...lack&view=grid
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Any news on Spinergy's development? This definitely looks like something I would use right away .. but only if my insurance would cover $ome of it! How does it work in snow/rain/freezing rain?? .. especially at the joystick because I'm told that's the first thing to go on powerchairs.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Any news on Spinergy's development? This definitely looks like something I would use right away .. but only if my insurance would cover $ome of it! How does it work in snow/rain/freezing rain?? .. especially at the joystick because I'm told that's the first thing to go on powerchairs.
    I'm also curious
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I hope they haven't changed their minds on this.

I would love to get this. I could get out way more than now. I am in aww of this thing and want to find a way to make it mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytodd View Post
    I would love to get this. I could get out way more than now. I am in aww of this thing and want to find a way to make it mine.
    Did you contact Pat at Beachmobility.com? He may still be building them or at least have Spinergy's timeframe.

It's as awesome as it looks. I attach it along with my Frewheel and I can go anywhere on my property. I may change out the smooth tires for knobbies for added traction in the wet and snowy weather.

I sent him a message on his web site. I can only push myself one block before I get to tired. I could get in trouble with this!!

Asked Ryan. Here's the response: Thank you for your email.

We are in the middle of the required RESNA tests. We have a unit being tested at an independent lab, and all tests are going well so far.

We hope to be done within a few weeks.

Then, we determine if some sample units can be sold prior to receiving FDA certification. That is what we’re working on now.

Don’t hesitate to send another email around the middle of January for another update.

Thank you!

Ryan Webb

Director of Sales & Marketing - Wheelchair Div.

Spinergy, Inc.

P.O. Box 375

Lyons, CO 80540